Make Shrewsbury "Tyhee Slim" Day | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Make Shrewsbury "Tyhee Slim" Day

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
John_Lloyd":avfojqoe said:
As a tribute to our friend, it's been suggested that the Argyle fans who knew Neil dress in his style at the last match of the season, which is the away fixture at Shrewsbury.

This will involve wearing a fedora and an Italian football shirt, or a variation on that theme.
EBay has some inexpensive options for both items.

His widow, Jane, has described the idea as "a wonderful tribute to Neil", which is reason enough to support the idea.

The last match of the season often becomes a fancy dress opportunity.

Let's do it.
:thumbs:

T

Tony Campbell

John, thanks for organising this, I really enjoyed Slim's posts, they were all done with great humour. Something like this is very fitting for the man.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
John_Lloyd":3tg39daj said:
Thanks Tony - good to hear from you.

The idea for this tribute came from Steve Nicholson, former editor of Rub of the Greens and Avon branch stalwart.

It's a very good one, so long as we stay away from jesters hats...
and face painting...

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
John_Lloyd":chqktxur said:
As we come closer to the end of the season and the final match away at Shrewsbury, I'd like to remind everyone of this idea to pay tribute to our friend, Tyhee Slim.

Following his funeral last week, attended by a number of Argyle fans, his widow Jane was happy to hear that some of us would be wearing fedoras and Italia football shirts at this fixture. She's looking forward to seeing pictures of the day, when the time comes.

Brown fedoras and retro Italian football shirts can be found on eBay, Amazon and elsewhere at around £8-10 each, if you shop around.

It would be a grand thing if more than a handful of us Argyle fans can fill a photo or two in this way.

But please - no jester hats.

Thanks in advance.
oh dear. the fedora I was sent is black :oops:

Mar 3, 2004
Cornwall
LG":28s2qh2q said:
John_Lloyd":28s2qh2q said:
As we come closer to the end of the season and the final match away at Shrewsbury, I'd like to remind everyone of this idea to pay tribute to our friend, Tyhee Slim.

Following his funeral last week, attended by a number of Argyle fans, his widow Jane was happy to hear that some of us would be wearing fedoras and Italia football shirts at this fixture. She's looking forward to seeing pictures of the day, when the time comes.

Brown fedoras and retro Italian football shirts can be found on eBay, Amazon and elsewhere at around £8-10 each, if you shop around.

It would be a grand thing if more than a handful of us Argyle fans can fill a photo or two in this way.

Thanks in advance.
oh dear. the fedora I was sent is black :oops:

Brown shoe polish or mud? If that fails I've a spare smallish brown one.

Keith Whitfield

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 30, 2015
Tickets bought, Napoli shirt ready to go and search on for a fedora - me and the buuy will be there ready to honour the great man - and support the lads into the play-offs. Can even remember the great chorus on Ghosts of Saturday - "Tommy Tynan...."

Ray Stidwell

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
Be aware, if going for the Mallon Vintage Unisex Fedora( which looks "proper job") on Amazon, it was only after I ordered it (yesterday) that i see an estimated arrival date of May1 - May20!; it's already been shipped...............but from Hong Kong!!
So now I'm sweating on it arriving in time; would suggest 'tis, by now, too late to order that one! , Ray

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Ray_Stidwell":mqn5fwrr said:
Be aware, if going for the Mallon Vintage Unisex Fedora( which looks "proper job") on Amazon, it was only after I ordered it (yesterday) that i see an estimated arrival date of May1 - May20!; it's already been shipped...............but from Hong Kong!!
So now I'm sweating on it arriving in time; would suggest 'tis, by now, too late to order that one! , Ray
Those delivery dates on amazon are classic sometimes Ray.
I ordered a twin MP3 player jack for my trip to Wolverhampton a couple of weekends ago.
It too came from hong kong and got here yesterday :facepalm:

Hi LG

Not sure how your stuff is sent - China Post or courier [DHL, TNT, UPS et al - but my post by courier is 3/4/5 days from the Chinese mainland.

2 x A4 documents = £23 by post.

A Jiffy Bag from my bro' took TEN WEEKS to reach me by post :facepalm:

Welcome to China

Keep the Faith :scarf:

Mar 3, 2004
Cornwall
Chris Dennis":2d643gxb said:
Mark_Colling":2d643gxb said:
Too much to ask for Shrewsbury to play "Ghosts of Saturday"?

Tickets acquired.

Would be worth bringing a copy along - they might play it in the pub at least.

After a visit to my loft I've managed to find my copy of Ghosts of Saturday which I'll bring along. I've also managed to get it onto my phone and could connect up to a Minirig or other speaker so we could play it at suitable points and places during the day. Have Italian shirt and fedora so all ready to go. Should be a great day without having to worry too much about events on the field.

PutneyPete

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ PASALB Member
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
Jun 23, 2005
London (Putney)
John_Lloyd":34c1bit3 said:

Thanks in advance.

Got the fedora - shirt and ticket bought and in the post -

Is there a particular pub where the 'Fedoras' are meeting up?

B

Basildon Shrew

Chris Dennis":1hnpetuc said:
Chris Dennis":1hnpetuc said:
Mark_Colling":1hnpetuc said:

Tickets acquired.

After a visit to my loft I've managed to find my copy of Ghosts of Saturday which I'll bring along. I've also managed to get it onto my phone and could connect up to a Minirig or other speaker so we could play it at suitable points and places during the day. Have Italian shirt and fedora so all ready to go. Should be a great day without having to worry too much about events on the field.

As a Town fan it is worth contacting Shrewsbury to make this record request. In the last month we had a fan die on the way home from Portsmouth and two fans died of cancer in the last week and the club have been excellent at acknowledging them. If you see pictures from after the game at Cheltenham on Saturday the players came out with T-Shirts saying "For you Lloyd Burton and Colin Bloomfield"

Not sure of best person to contact but if you email the Chief Executive Matt Williams I am sure he will get the request to the right person. matt.williams@shrewsburytown.com

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Basildon Shrew":2epj5u2r said:
Chris Dennis":2epj5u2r said:
Chris Dennis":2epj5u2r said:
Mark_Colling":2epj5u2r said:

Tickets acquired.

As a Town fan it is worth contacting Shrewsbury to make this record request. In the last month we had a fan die on the way home from Portsmouth and two fans died of cancer in the last week and the club have been excellent at acknowledging them. If you see pictures from after the game at Cheltenham on Saturday the players came out with T-Shirts saying "For you Lloyd Burton and Colin Bloomfield"

Not sure of best person to contact but if you email the Chief Executive Matt Williams I am sure he will get the request to the right person. matt.williams@shrewsburytown.com
Shrewsbury should do what Argyle did last Saturday and have a minutes applause for all the Shrews fans that have passed away this season.
The green army would join in that's for sure.