• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Players not eligible for play offs

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
petersm":2e05xvdi said:
So if we get to play offs and the final what players can't play?

Good question. The answer will have, I suspect, a massive influence on our chances of reaching the final. We could suddenly need to rely on some scarcely used players to try and win promotion.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I'm sure only Olly Lee is unavailable for the play-offs if we get there.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
We have Lee, THD, Jones, Ansah and Bobby.

Have I missed anyone?

Squad would look quite thin without them.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
PL2 3DQ":2dxxqyw0 said:
I'm sure only Olly Lee is unavailable for the play-offs if we get there.

Found this re THD - Here until May 2nd

Other articles seem all to say "signed on loan till end of the season" - is that regular season?

If THD has to go suggest we give Purrington some game time soon.

Aug 16, 2014
With the season nearing an end and with us looking good for a play off spot who is available to play out of all of our loan signings?

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Bump!

Seems to be far more interest in whether we praise the manager if we reach the play-off final than this thread ( :roll: ), which actually may turn out to be pivotal to our hopes.

Still no definitive position regarding our loan players availability beyond May 2nd that I have seen.

May 3, 2007
Liskeard, Cornwall
If you have nothing better to do with a large slice of your life, you could always read the rules - http://www.football-league.co.uk/global/section6.aspx
They are quite impenetrable but a few things I noted.
There is little relevant reference to the play offs, so the general rules must apply to those games.
52.2 There shall be four categories of temporary loan transfers allowed – Standard Loans, International Loans, Emergency Loans and Youth Loans
53.2.2 ...Standard Loans can be for half a Season or a full Season
53.3.9 Except for the specific circumstances provided for in Regulations 53.3.11, 53.3.12 and 54, the minimum duration of any Emergency Loan and Youth Loan shall be 28 days and the maximum duration of an Emergency Loan is 93 days. The loan period is inclusive of the starting date and the finishing date. Youth Loans may not extend beyond the date of the Player’s 21st birthday.
53.3.12 The Executive shall have discretion to extend the maximum duration of 93 days for an Emergency Loan in extenuating circumstances, such circumstances to be determined in the Executive’s absolute discretion.
53.3.13 Subject to Regulation 53.3.14, where the Emergency Loan or Youth Loan of a Player expires (and is not renewed simultaneously) any subsequent Emergency Loan or Youth Loan of that Player to the same Club will be subject to a minimum duration of 28 days as set out in Regulation 53.3.9.
53.3.14 The cumulative total number of days of all Emergency Loans of one Player to the same Club may not exceed 93 days (unless extended by the Executive in accordance with the provisions of Regulation 53.3.12).

So, unless there are other factors and excluding that I have probably completely misunderstood…
Zak Ansah: quoted in several places as being on loan until the end of the season. In the absence of the FL rules mentioning this explicitly then this includes the POs.
TH-D: The OS states that his is a youth loan, and that as this commenced on Feb 10th, the 93 days deadline is 14th May if my arithmetic is correct. This is the day of the second leg of semi-final (unless his 21st birthday is before then…).
Gethin Jones: quoted in several places as being on loan until the end of the season. In the absence of the FL rules mentioning this explicitly then this includes the POs.
Ollie Lee: Chris Errington today says that his loan finishes before the playoffs. I have a feeling his is an emergency loan – see 53.3.14 above which says that the total days cannot exceed 93 – maybe his total over his two loan periods is reached before the play-offs?
Bobby Reid: as he is over 21 his cannot be a youth loan but a standard or emergency one. The OS appears to indicate that it is a standard - so his loan period would be the end of the season; in the absence of the rules mentioning this explicitly then this includes the POs.

So, while I am almost certainly wrong, it appears that only Lee cannot feature in the playoffs, SHOULD we get there. The picture above re TH-D looks odd.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Great effort Green Rhino, but, I posted a link to club site earlier on here where it said THD's deal ran to May 2nd.e.g.Shrewsbury game.

As you said, all very confusing. Guess there is where Mr Starnes earns his salary.

May 3, 2007
Liskeard, Cornwall
cheshiregreen":12jk9i2n said:
Great effort Green Rhino, but, I posted a link to club site earlier on here where it said THD's deal ran to May 2nd.e.g.Shrewsbury game.

As you said, all very confusing. Guess there is where Mr Starnes earns his salary.

Yes the OS article says that http://www.pafc.co.uk/news/article/tare ... 49646.aspx but the same article says his loan start date is 10th Feb. If we got a 93 day loan (which the rules permit) that would take him up to 14th May.

Quiet night at the Rhino dwelling tonight :)

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Just assume that none of the loan players are available :) who would play instead or at least be on the bench?

Purrington for THD?
Banton for Bobby Reid?
Mellor for Jones?
Harvey for Lee?
There isn't a like-for-like replacement for Ansah that I can think of who could step in.

It would leave the bench looking very weak.