Tranmere Manager on Saturdays Game | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Tranmere Manager on Saturdays Game

Dec 3, 2005
http://www.tranmererovers.co.uk/news/ar ... 19328.aspx

Out with the old and in with the new Manager - hope he dosen't get his players too 'UP' for the game.

I hope Argyle are 'UP' for the battle, because thats what it will be, a battle, who wants it more - to SURVIVE or REACH the Play - Offs. Who will have the desire to achieve their goal.

The nails are looking nervous already, my hair is already grey (old age lol) and I will probably have a very nervous twitch come saturday.

:scarf:

Aug 29, 2014
I hope our boys in Green r ready for this , this game is going to be tight and not the nailed on result some expect...my nerves are starting to build already !!

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Nullify us suggests first and foremost they are going to park the 5 coaches in front of the goal posts and go for a smash and grab from set pieces.

Can't see this being a goalfest unless we score early doors.

We have really struggled to break teams down and quite often lacked width with the so called 3 -5 -2 which rapidly becomes 5 -3 -2 as our wing backs retreat because centre midfield gets overrun.

Would really like to see some pace in the team and go really offensive on Saturday but we haven't seen that type of football since xmas so its hardly likely to happen now I guess.

IF we were to fluke the playoffs I can see them being very drab dire affairs where neither team wants to concede and rely on a set piece or mistake rather than some creativity and flair

Aug 10, 2006
original members of division 3 north 1921 will be ashame if they drop out of the league mind you being in the shadow of Liverpool and everton they have done well being there all this time.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
5 full coaches is a great effort especially compared to some of the 'top clubs' we've had down here who are at the other end of the table.
Great effort ... but I can't wish them well for Saturday!! :shock:

T

Trago21

I will be sat in Scotland on the ship duty!! But will be listening in on the radio. Something is telling me it will be a good game though and 3-2 Argyle

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
loyal1970":1uyc83t1 said:
original members of division 3 north 1921 will be ashame if they drop out of the league mind you being in the shadow of Liverpool and everton they have done well being there all this time.
I had always regarded Tranmere as perennial strugglers so I was amazed to discover that this is their first campaign in the 4th tier for 25 seasons. They spent most of the 90s in the second tier, spending 10 consecutive seasons at that level. Between 1992-93 and 1994-95 they finished 4th, 5th and 5th in the second tier. If they are relegated to the Conference that is some fall from grace. However, when they were relegated from the second tier in 2000-01 Grimsby Town and Stockport County were still there and look what happened to them!

Apr 15, 2008
London
memory man":2psdyq6e said:
loyal1970":2psdyq6e said:
I had always regarded Tranmere as perennial strugglers so I was amazed to discover that this is their first campaign in the 4th tier for 25 seasons. They spent most of the 90s in the second tier, spending 10 consecutive seasons at that level. Between 1992-93 and 1994-95 they finished 4th, 5th and 5th in the second tier. If they are relegated to the Conference that is some fall from grace. However, when they were relegated from the second tier in 2000-01 Grimsby Town and Stockport County were still there and look what happened to them!

Yes, that surprised me too. I think we may view Tranmere the way most fans of other teams view us.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
crownhillpilgrim":16wmmgne said:
memory man":16wmmgne said:
loyal1970":16wmmgne said:

Yes, that surprised me too. I think we may view Tranmere the way most fans of other teams view us.

Well if we can't beat 'the likes of Tranmere' ..... :facepalm:

Sep 28, 2003
London
Andy_Tall":2o9w586k said:
I hope our "fans" don't get too nervous the longer the game stays at 0-0

I think that if - yet again - Argyle don't turn up in a massive game, the "fans" you so patronisingly refer to will have every right to be aggrieved.