Gethin Jones loan finished? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Gethin Jones loan finished?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Kenny Pester":3l7qyo9i said:
Just saw a teamsheet for the Chelsea U21 v Everton U21 and Jones has been named to play. Have we seen the last of him?

Oh no!! You mean we have to play Mellor against Tranmere!! :scarf: :thumbs: :scarf:

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Young players out on loan quite often play youth games for their parent club during the week. It does seem a bit odd that he'd be playing on a Thursday for them though so maybe his loan is over.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Argy1e":d9nsnzjr said:
Young players out on loan quite often play youth games for their parents club during the week. It does seem a bit odd that he'd be playing on a Thursday for them though so maybe his loan is over.

Does seem odd, if he's not left its nice to know he's focused and preparing with the squad for the most important game of the season so far...

May 10, 2013
Tin hat on here but I prefer mellor, he's more of an attacking threat and we need to score more, get up at them

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Bizarre.

Surely the club would tell us, oh but then again.

Assuming he is still on loan with us, must represent a risk to us though, just our luck he will pick up an injury.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
It does seem bizarre on the eve of our biggest game for two years, it must have been part of the loan agreement.

Will Jones be fit enough for a big game just two days later?

It's now the 70th minute and Jones is still playing, Everton have made two subs.

https://twitter.com/everton

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Guess the big boys are dictating to us here.

Still wonder if we make the playoffs how many of our loan players will be available to us?

C

Cobi Budge.

Jones looks average in every respect, nothing particularly good about his game and nothing particularly bad. If I'm honest I'm surprised he's played for Everton's first team albeit just once in the Europa league.

Half the problem is the fact that we play a system which heavily relies on wing backs yet neither Jones or THD are that good (the former still better). The formation worked earlier in the season because we had Mellor on form (god knows what's happened) and Kellet who was just a really decent little player.

If we are to persist with the 352 next season (assuming Sheridan stays regardless of where we finish) then we need better options at wing back, simple as that.

Dreamgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 28, 2004
Salisbury, Wiltshire
He was decidedly below average at Carlisle. He hid from the ball at every opportunity.

Yes, Mellor is preferred by me. I would rather have someone that has a go and fails than Jones who never once in that whole game took any responsibility on the ball.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
So, looks like Jones has gone.

Two vital League games left and hopefully then play-off activity awaits, but, our squad is looking thin with the loss of 2 players in 24 hours.

Our end of season squad.

1 Bittner
2 Mellor
3 Purrington
4 Cox (currently injured)
5 Nelson
6 Norburn
7 Alessandra
8 Banton
9 R Reid
11 Blizzard
13 THD (loan)
14 Harvey
16 McHugh
17 B Reid (loan)
18 Lecointe
19 O'Connor
22 Smalley (long term injury)
23 McCormick
25 Bentley
27 Ansah (loan)
28 Brunt
29 Hartley

Excluding Smalley that leaves 21 players.

Of those, Harvey, Bittner, Bentley, THD, Purrington, Ansah & Lecointe can all be described as inexperienced at first team level in the Football League. Counting Bobby Reid as experienced that means we have just 14 seasoned professionals.

Guess if push comes to shove, we could recall Jamie Richards and Marvin Morgan - is Marvin still injured?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
When he signed the reports stated Jones was here until the end of the season.

Holmes-Dennis is also on a youth loan and it was stated he was here until the end of the season. Worried.

The pitfalls of the loan market I suppose.

Maybe Jones hasn't actually returned to Everton because the loan rules state he can play for his parent club, although two days before a big game for Argyle is a bit much...

53.3.7 A Player registered on a Youth Loan may, provided this is agreed between the two clubs and the Player, continue to train with and/or play for his Parent Club (or club) in any match other than matches played as part of the Premier League Competition, League Competition, League Cup, Football Association Challenge Cup or Football League Trophy (First Team Matches). Participation by the Player in First Team Matches for the Loaning Club shall take precedence.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/global/section6.aspx