Listen from a distance, or suffer in silence? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Listen from a distance, or suffer in silence?

May 3, 2007
Liskeard, Cornwall
I am away from Blighty for a while and absolutely hate listening to the radio commentaries. Nothing to do with Sparksy or anyone else, I just can't take the tension!

So, tomorrow during match time I have two hours of silent suffering.

How do other distant Pilgrims deal with this horror?

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
I really enjoy most of the commentaries, depending on who's on it of course. I make sure I have nothing to do while the game is on, as there's absolutely no chance of achieving any kind of multi-tasking. My nails take a battering and my carpet is worn from pacing up and down the room during the last 10 minutes in hope that we might achieve a result from nothing - but its all part of the fun of it for an exile.

As part of a superstitious routine, I suppose, I start match days with a cup of tea from my Argyle mug, I have a cup of tea from the same mug during each half also when I'm not attending. After the match I usually have plenty of work to get on with, so most of the time I sit around for about 4 hours sulking, naturally. If we win I celebrate with a KFC, if we lose I commiserate with a KFC, if we draw...

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
LG":3fokpxr6 said:
I gave up listening to the away games after the York match this season.
Too much torture.

Take it from me, it was far, far worse watching it.

:facepalm:

CarolinaGreen

🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
Jun 10, 2006
Raleigh, North Carolina
Me and and Bournemouth fan are heading out to play tennis and pretend nothing's happening.. He's hoping to avoid the playoffs after the entire season in the auto's... :think:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Ten men for most of the game and they were coming in waves towards the end of the game.

I thought, until that game, we would easily be in the top three, but that day, it showed we had a very soft underbelly.

I simply don't understand what makes our team tick, or in fact, not tick.

Let's hope they prove me so wrong tomorrow.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Have to work tomorrow so either I'll finish at 3 or still be at work.

Either way, radio, PASOTI and BBC sport on the IPad flicking through both normally but as tomorrow is fairly cut and dried I'll probably stick to radio and PASOTI.

Dec 20, 2011
I'll listen...... And probably go through the normal procedure of having too many beers and getting very annoying to all. IF we draw or lose I'll be a nightmare.

COYG :scarf:

As usual, the same routine.

Go into downtown Chengdu, meet up with a few people and sink a few beers, have a meal and a game or two of pool.

The Brits v The Yanks or The Brits v The Rest of Europe is the big event :facepalm:

Leave there to get the last Metro subway train home - I live out in the suburbs - get home by trike taxi - and TRY and connect to Argyle Player AND keep a good link with Sir Gordon Sparks and Lord Chris Errington at about 2200 hours here [+7 hours].

It CAN be very irritating when the connection is poor but I have my 88442 texting service which will tell me the score and scorer BEFORE the commentary - in fact, some time ahead of it !!

So why bother with the commentary ?

Good question as I have no idea except it is "part of the agony of being an Argyle fan" !!

Good luck to EVERYONE in green and white today - have a safe journey, be positive throughout and will them over THAT line.

That is YOUR mission peeps.

Keep the Faith :scarf:

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
I sleep!! It's 4am on a Sunday morning and I'm up for work at 7. :yawn: :lol:

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Well that was exhausting! Especially when Sparksy shouted "EQUALISER FOR TRANMERE" when they scored to make it 3-2, he got a bit ahead of himself :lol:

May 3, 2007
Liskeard, Cornwall
My broadband wasn't broad enough for Sparksy so I had the Beeb text updates and the PASOTI chat, interspersed with walks around the block.

That match lasted two weeks.

Well done boys!