Play off prefer? Wycombe, Bury or Southend | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Play off prefer? Wycombe, Bury or Southend

Feb 2, 2007
We have beaten Southend and Wycombe this season and don't fancy us against Bury.

:scarf:

Just add whoever we play will be gutted to have missed out on auto on the last day, although this could deflate or inspire them!

May 22, 2006
Our best record over two "legs" is against Southend, but given the form they're in....

Has to be Wycombe. Top nearly all season and dropping into the play-offs on the last day, it'll be a sickener for them, and hopefully a dent in their morale.

Mar 1, 2014
Ilfracombe, Devon
Definitely Wycombe. I think they'll be disappointed by dropping into the playoffs, so hopefully that would effect their morale. Bury have been on a good run, so I'd like to avoid them.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Andrew Owen":plsutgaw said:
Our best record over two "legs" is against Southend, but given the form they're in....

Has to be Wycombe. Top nearly all season and dropping into the play-offs on the last day, it'll be a sickener for them, and hopefully a dent in their morale.

Bury should win at Tranmere next week and I can't see Southend losing at Morecambe so Argyle will be paired against Southend or Bury with Stevenage hosting Wycombe..... but this is football.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Definitely not Southend for me. The form team with the best keeper in the division. Bury also in really good form. Wycombe hopefully as they will be on a downer but it is unlikely results will pan out to make it possible.

Jul 29, 2010
Wycombe please. We can have the same effect on them that Burnley had on us under Shilton, a team with tonnes less points taking advantage of their hangover from missing out on automatic promotion.

TBH though I still don't fancy us over two legs against any of them, but you never know :scarf:

Mar 23, 2008
Wycombe I could see us beating for the reasons mentioned above, do not fancy us against Bury or Southend but football is a funny thing. A sending off, deflected shot or a mistake/moment of brilliance can change a game in a split second.

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
Andrew Owen":14ot7idz said:

:iagree:

Apr 4, 2015
prefer Wycombe but will probably be bury who are gonna be tough as will southend. None of them will fancy us either, what with reuben coming back to form and lewi on fire today. top goalie and best defence.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Green Rhino":2fo4bwzs said:
I think we could beat Wycombe over two legs, but fear for us against Bury or Sarfend.
We could play Bury in a situation where we finished 17 points behind them...

Strangely, I reckon that increases our chances of beating them.

We'll be going into the play-offs with the least amount of expectation, the least to lose and the most to gain