Barring an 8 goal spread | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Barring an 8 goal spread

May 22, 2006
Well there is Newport who are also on 65. Their GD is -2.

The following set of results would see Newport going into the play-offs:

Shrewsbury 10 Argyle 0
Luton 1 Stevenage 1
Newport 9 Oxford 0

Newport 68 +7
Plymouth 68 +6
Luton 66 + 8

Mar 3, 2004
Cornwall
Kevin_Gollop":nggzpc86 said:
OK, so what happens if Luton win 1-0 and we get thumped 7-0 then?!

This:-

9.2 If two or more Clubs have the same number of points, goal difference and goals scored the highest placed Club shall be determined by the respective League records against each other, taking into account in order of precedence, points gained, goal difference and goals scored. If the above procedures do not separate the Clubs, then the Clubs concerned shall play off a deciding League Match or Matches under arrangements approved by the Board on a neutral ground.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Our usual defence do not concede many goals but would Sheridan give those players with slight knocks - Hartley and McHugh - a rest and play Bentley and Purrington?

Stevenage are bound to rest some of their players so Luton could score a few against their second string.

That said, we'll be fine. :)

Kevin Gollop

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 24, 2003
Plymouth
Chris Dennis":2pg78g1z said:
Kevin_Gollop":2pg78g1z said:
OK, so what happens if Luton win 1-0 and we get thumped 7-0 then?!

This:-

9.2 If two or more Clubs have the same number of points, goal difference and goals scored the highest placed Club shall be determined by the respective League records against each other, taking into account in order of precedence, points gained, goal difference and goals scored. If the above procedures do not separate the Clubs, then the Clubs concerned shall play off a deciding League Match or Matches under arrangements approved by the Board on a neutral ground.

Thanks! So in this unlikely event then there would be a play-off to make the play-offs then as we won 1-0 away and lost 1-0 at home. Anyway, I'm sure we'll win at Shrewsbury and not have to worry about such things :thumbup:

Nov 29, 2011
Plymouth
damon.green":8hpw7zss said:
I've tried to find odds but can't. Can anyone in the know work out what price Luton overhauling us?

By the looks of it, the majority of bookies have closed betting on the top seven as it would take a real miracle for Luton to get in now. Betfair still have the section open, with us 1/100 on to make it.

Jul 27, 2005
Plymouth
Sam Barker":i7zxf6k1 said:
damon.green":i7zxf6k1 said:
I've tried to find odds but can't. Can anyone in the know work out what price Luton overhauling us?

By the looks of it, the majority of bookies have closed betting on the top seven as it would take a real miracle for Luton to get in now. Betfair still have the section open, with us 1/100 on to make it.
Thanks Sam. I'm still a bit paranoid as we've done it the hard way all season!

G

greenarmyman116

Would have to be an epic fail next weekend to not make the play offs but this is Argyle

Sep 8, 2013
And this should surely play a part in next week's selection, with the emphasis being upon resting players with serious niggles.

Oct 5, 2013
greenarmyman116":vri3zzxa said:
Would have to be an epic fail next weekend to not make the play offs but this is Argyle

Yes. Glad to see JS is taking nothing for granted, since 4-0 to Luton v Stevenage and 4-0 to Shrewsbury v us would see us out.
With Stevenage secure of 6th spot and unable to be knocked off it, 4-0 to Luton has to be at least a possibility, and with Shrewsbury going for the league title they are not going to be easing up.
So at least a draw is what we seriously need to be aiming at on Saturday.