Credit to John Sheridan/Humble Pie time (merged). | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Credit to John Sheridan/Humble Pie time (merged).

C

Cobi Budge.

I'm probably the last person you'd expect to start a thread praising the manager, but at the end of the day, he promised a play off spot, and all but mathematically we have one, most of us said we'd be happy with 7th, so despite not being his number 1 fan still, he does deserve some credit.

Quite refreshing to read his post match comments about the fans, if I'm honest I didn't expect him to join the full lap of honour but he did & I was more than happy to applaud him.

Now just get us up JS.

Mar 23, 2008
Not a fan and the dourest promotion season I've known but he's got us there and the team will get the green armys full backing for the play offs. It will test them physically and more so mentally alongside the manager who will have to motivate and inspire COYG.

Jun 24, 2008
I agree.

Never warmed to him completely but always backed him until a period this season when I seriously doubted him. I was wrong. I know we're not promoted but we have a chance and thats enough for me this season.

Im with many on his faults which arent worth mentioning today cause positivity is all thats needed now so well done John, finish the job!

Aug 4, 2011
Deacster":jis00n78 said:
Not a fan and the dourest promotion season I've known but he's got us there and the team will get the green armys full backing for the play offs. It will test them physically and more so mentally alongside the manager who will have to motivate and inspire COYG.
Agree with this, but if he can give the GA another trip to Wembley then he will go down as a success in my book.

2 tough semi final legs to negotiate first, and normally I'd say a team finishing 15 odd points off an automatic place does't deserve promotion - but the bitter pill of Burnley is still in the mouth so **** that! :thumbs:

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Really pleased for the team and JS. They now have an opportunity to put a lacklustre season behind and really concentrate on the things they do well. The playoffs is a clean slate and I believe JS and the team have a good mentality when it comes to cup style competition.

Not detracting from JS at all but I hope he seeks the help of Neil Warnock to add to his own positive experience of the playoff format.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Sheridan's first substitution against Tranmere giving the team pace upfront to beat the offside trap won us the game and secured a play off place.

He's struggled with his decisions and tactics during games this season but credit to him for getting it right today

Jul 29, 2010
'He got us there'. Hmmm :think:

Ryanair will get you there. It won't be comfortable, it won't be pretty, you'll be hungry and you'll arrive quite some way short of where you actually need to be.

But Michael O'Leary got you there so you may consider that sufficient to give him credit.

You could however have flown with another airline. It could have exactly the same model of plane and exactly the same flight and cabin crew, only they'd been trained to that airline's better standards and workings practices and were committed to excellence.

Instead of being left uncomfortable, hungry and still requiring a long bus ride to where you want to be..... you could be there already having enjoyed a restful flight, lovely food and an A1 experience.

Should probably have bitten my lip and left it but that would be dishonest to my true feelings and the question I've been asking myself now for months....

'Because of, or in spite of'?

Mar 23, 2008
I agree X and can't help but feel we are at least where we should be and a better manager and more of a feel good factor we would be higher. Ultimately though we are where we are and whilst there isn't the feel good factor the play offs are exciting and who knows where it may take us.

Sep 2, 2008
PL2 3DQ":35l2ru8v said:
Sheridan's first substitution against Tranmere giving the team pace upfront to beat the offside trap won us the game and secured a play off place.

He's struggled with his decisions and tactics during games this season but credit to him for getting it right today

It wasn't really that difficult a decision to make in my opinion Posty. Reid was dire and he has been for quite a few games now. Spends too much time moaning to the ref, lino, team mates and the bench. I wouldn't have brought him out for the second half. It was crying out for some pace up front to support Lewi. Reid has been a passenger in far too many games lately. I actually think he is conning Sheridan - mouthing off all the time as a sort of cover so he can take a breather because he isn't fit.

Jul 29, 2010
Deacster":2u30xqg4 said:
I agree X and can't help but feel we are at least where we should be and a better manager and more of a feel good factor we would be higher. Ultimately though we are where we are and whilst there isn't the feel good factor the play offs are exciting and who knows where it may take us.

Amen to that, those six nagging words just won't go away, that's all.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
I'm sure you can all remember the feel good factor the year we were promoted under Warnock. I'm also sure you remember how good you felt about it in October of that year when we were bottom.

We have got to the playoffs because of JS and because of every single player that's played for us this season. Could we be higher under a different manager or perhaps with different players? Maybe, but there's an equal chance we wouldn't be sat in the playoffs in a position when only the most freakish results will see us missing out.

We now in cup football which we've historically been poor at but this season JS seems to have us performing better in that format.

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

I agree and I like many have moaned about Shezza.

But fudging hell chaps, we're in the Play Offs. Three games (discount Shrewsbury, Super Luke ain't conceding that many!) and we could be promoted. If we're gonna criticise when it goes badly we have to praise when it goes well and today it went very well.

Now, does anyone know the way to Wembley?

Sep 8, 2013
Look, we're in the playoffs (barring a seismic change), so we have to get behind TEAM AND MANAGEMENT during this campaign. No point in nitpicking. Let's get fully behind them and then reassess when the outcome becomes clear.
COYG

Apr 15, 2008
London
Yes, if you had offered me a place off place in August I would have bitten your hand off.

I'm less than optimistic about the play-offs; the teams above us have been more consistent throughout the season, but you never know...

NLG

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
X Isle":24bsir4w said:
'He got us there'. Hmmm :think:

Ryanair will get you there. It won't be comfortable, it won't be pretty, you'll be hungry and you'll arrive quite some way short of where you actually need to be.

But Michael O'Leary got you there so you may consider that sufficient to give him credit.

You could however have flown with another airline. It could have exactly the same model of plane and exactly the same flight and cabin crew, only they'd been trained to that airline's better standards and workings practices and were committed to excellence.

Instead of being left uncomfortable, hungry and still requiring a long bus ride to where you want to be..... you could be there already having enjoyed a restful flight, lovely food and an A1 experience.

Should probably have bitten my lip and left it but that would be dishonest to my true feelings and the question I've been asking myself now for months....

'Because of, or in spite of'?

Sour grapes, more important to sound off than it was to let a positive post go on a positive day, shame. Well done to all players, the manager and supporters today.