Wotton at Shrewsbury | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Wotton at Shrewsbury

C

Craig Wiseman

If things are all settled and going our way next weekend then wouldn't it be nice to bring Wotton on for the final ten minutes? Just so the travelling Green Army can give him a final thank you for his playing career with us? :scarf:

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Unfair on Sammy Black(not that he's around to know) to lose his joint appearance record in such a manner. Wotts already had the advantage over Black of numerous sub appearances to match the record in the first place. Places in the record books should be earned not gifted. Maybe something could be done in front of the home fans at the play off first leg?

P

pafcstafford

was thinking this the other day, and i think the reception he gets would probably lift the whole team already out there

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
jerryatricjanner":3owj76nn said:
Unfair on Sammy Black(not that he's around to know) to lose his joint appearance record in such a manner. Wotts already had the advantage over Black of numerous sub appearances to match the record in the first place. Places in the record books should be earned not gifted. Maybe something could be done in front of the home fans at the play off first leg?

Nah I don't see it like that. If the opportunity arises and we are not in any danger of jeopardising our play off pósition, then why not. Would be a nice send off to appreciate his career over the years.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
I stick with my opinion and anyway its surely better in front of 14,000 home fans before a play off match than 1,500 at Shrewsbury?

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
jerryatricjanner":19hm6b94 said:
I stick with my opinion and anyway its surely better in front of 14,000 home fans before a play off match than 1,500 at Shrewsbury?

Yes - I agree with you Jerry. I don't think Wotts himself would be bothered about beating Sammy Black's appearance record just for the sake of beating it anyway.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Chobham Green":1f9evw98 said:
He had a presentation on Saturday.

He did, and some of the crowd were there to see it. Is he only allowed to receive the accolade from the crowd once?

Apr 15, 2008
London
It would be nice to see him on for 10 minutes on Saturday, depending on the score at 4.35 of course... though if he doesn't, I'm sure he's a big enough lad to deal with the disappointment. Also hope that if he doesn't, people don't use it as a(nother) stick to beat the manager with.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
jerryatricjanner":17ndh4pq said:

I could not agree more. It is a bit like bringing on Bobby Charlton at his age by England, just to stop Rooney beating his goal scoring record. It would be very false record of achievement by Wotton.

May 1, 2007
Let him play to many people he is the argyle legend from their era let him have the pride of that appearance record after all he is still part of the club