Reuben Reid - PFA Team of the season. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Reuben Reid - PFA Team of the season.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
CDhsmiyWAAEb4v8.jpg

A

AR09YLE

How McNulty is in there and not McHugh/Nelson/Hartley.

McHugh is the most consistent out of the three imo.

J

jbrommo

strange that a side with one of the best defensive records in the league doesn't have a defender or keeper in the pfa side?

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Reid did well to get in but most votes are cast by the New Year and McNulty is another who started the season really well. His absence along with several team mates at the same time began Luton's bad run. Bentley is highly rated and destined for bigger things and I see why he is in there despite a lot of Pilgrims assuming McCormick is the top keeper because of his CCC experience of yesteryear and of course seeing him play ten times as often as other keepers. Quite a spread this season with no team dominating the places and even two from struggling Pompey.

Mar 23, 2008
Well done RR and seems a decent team to me. Agree McHugh would have been a good shout and Luke must have been the second choice for goalkeeper.

C

Cobi Budge.

I would have had McHugh in there with Reid, Bentley is a fine young keeper and his age probably game him the nod over Luke, who surely must be second choice, despite Wycombe fans continually saying Matt Ingram is incredible, when I've seen him play, he's always seemingly looked a bit shaky.

C

Cobi Budge.

Forgot about him, he's had a terrific season, top 3 keepers in the league are Bentley, McCormick & Leutwiler.

Feb 9, 2011
hard to believe the goalkeeper with the most clean sheets in the whole of Europe is not the best league 2 keeper :crazy:
especially when none of the defenders in front of him are there either :thumbdown:

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
League 2 clean sheets
Leutwiler - 23
Bentley - 22
McCormick - 20

Might be a slight error in one of those i'm not sure but McCormick hasn't had the most clean sheets in Europe for a couple of months now.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
McHugh's case wouldn't have been helped by the fact that votes are cast in January and his dodgy start at left back early in the season would have harmed his case as well.

N

NorfolkGreen

If, and I appreciate the enormity of the word "if", we win the play offs I wonder if Matt Tubbs would come to us?

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Well done Reuben.

Classiest player I saw at Home Park this season was Danny Mayor (Bury). Seemed way above League 2 standard.

I had never heard of him but I made a mental note to find out who their no 10 was. Don't buy a programme.

I recall having similar thoughts about Mickey Thomas (Wrexham) in the 1970's (blimey that dates me) and Kevin Davies (Chesterfield) in the 1990's.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
It begs the question, how many times do PFA members get to see L2 players play? Those in the same League will come up against them just twice and be shown videos of who they might be up against each coming week. Not really ideal for finding the best over a whole year.

Footballers tend to believe that these are the most prestigious awards because they come from their fellow professionals but in my opinion, any player who gets a player of the season award from his own supporters should hold that in the highest regard because it is those supporters who see him the most over a season.