who should be rested for the Shrewsbury game? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

who should be rested for the Shrewsbury game?

Dec 20, 2011
Good opportunity to rest a few before the play offs.

I would suggest:
Reuben Reid
Lewis Allessandra and
Hartley

:scarf:

Feb 2, 2007
I would put Reuben on bench and give Ansah or Brunt a game. Keep everyone else in though- we can't afford to be complacent and better for continuity, unless anyone else is carrying niggles.

Nov 4, 2012
Definitely Reid but as said above we should be cautious about being too complacent, it would take a near miracle for Luton to overtake us now but it's not impossible.

G

greengiant1886

I would bring out both the Reids and put in Banton and Ansah just to keep them two interested and to ensure that both Reuben and Bobby are fit and healthy for the play-offs.

Hartley should come out and Norburn should be put in with O'Connor slotted into CB. We might lose a bit of defensive bite, but Hartley would be crucial for any kind of effort that we would be looking to put in during the close-season.

I'd keep the rest of the team in, but Bentley could come in for Hartley and Cox (if fit) for O'Connor as an alternative to above, although not sure personally whether I would risk someone with very little experience even in a game like this.

With these changes, the team would be worse for sure, but all of our 'big hitters' would be fresh for the big push. It would be a disaster to have Reuben and Hartley still carrying the knocks they have at the moment. Two weeks of recovery would do them no end of good.

However, I fully trust Sheridan, and if he puts out the side that we usually use, then I don't have any complaints.

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

I'd leave Rubes in Plymouth. Preferably wrapped in cotton wool on his sofa with a cup of tea and as far away from any potential injury as possible.

I'd then drop Lewi and Bobby to the bench.

Apr 6, 2009
I think just Reid unless anyone else has niggles.

If Hartley were to get another yellow would it still be a one game ban?

A

alex-d

katkin":1iwqegcl said:
I think just Reid unless anyone else has niggles.

If Hartley were to get another yellow would it still be a one game ban?

The cut-off for yellow cards was after the Mansfield game so he's safe from a ban

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Reuben definitely needs a break, Sheridan alluded to the fact he might get one in his post match interview. Other than that I wouldn't hurry into any changes, unless anyone steps forwards and admits to Shez that a niggle they have could be benefit with rest. It might also be an opportunity to test out some players that haven't had as much game time. Norburn, Harvey, Purrington, Banton and Cox perhaps. Maybe even a formation switch, see if we can fit players into a new system that might prove a vital plan B in the final 3 games.

I'd probably go (sticking with the 5-3-2/3-5-2);

Luke;
Mellor, Nelson, O'Connor (McHugh has his knee all strapped up right?), Hartley (maybe O'Connor in for him instead of McHugh as he's had thigh or groin issues?), THD (or Ben P);
Cox, Norburn, Bobby Reid;
Brunt, Lewi.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Shrewsbury are going for the title so the FL and Burton will be looking on with interest at what strength team we put out.

Ironic if the FL dock us some points for fielding a weakened team. :)

I think only Reuben will be rested.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
McCormick
THD, Nelson, Hartley, O'Connor, Jones
Cox (is he fit?)Blizzard
Harvey or Norburn
Banton Ansah

subs