2214 empty seats? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

2214 empty seats?

SurreyJanner

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 30, 2015
Home Park capacity is quoted on various internet sources as 16,388. Saturday nights' attendance was a fantastic 14,174 so that means there were 2214 empty seats? I know that there were some empty seats in the away end, the area used for segregation and the family section. But the Lyndhurst, Devonport, Grandstand and Mayflower looked very full. So were there really 2214 empty seats or is the quoted capacity wrong?

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
SurreyJanner":318ygwbn said:
Home Park capacity is quoted on various internet sources as 16,388. Saturday nights' attendance was a fantastic 14,174 so that means there were 2214 empty seats? I know that there were some empty seats in the away end, the area used for segregation and the family section. But the Lyndhurst, Devonport, Grandstand and Mayflower looked very full. So were there really 2214 empty seats or is the quoted capacity wrong?

Mrs Pogle didn't go (ST holder) but her seat was not sold. Grandstand C131. Expecting a big sweaty 'erbert smelling of Ginsters and Watneys Red Barrel but he didn't turn up!! ;)

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Pogleswoody":uor4329p said:
SurreyJanner":uor4329p said:

Mrs Pogle didn't go (ST holder) but her seat was not sold. Grandstand C131. Expecting a big sweaty 'erbert smelling of Ginsters and Watneys Red Barrel but he didn't turn up!! ;)

He sits in the Lyndhurst!!

Over 2000 empty seats because Mrs Pogle wasn't there?
I don't know the lady but is she really that large??? :lol:

Seriously, I thought the same, with roughly one and two half blocks empty in the Barn Park End, that would be about 1200 down. Where were the other 1000 empty seats?

Apr 6, 2009
does the capacity still include the mayflower perhaps? out of date? i thought the same - i was quite shocked when i heard the attendance

Jan 6, 2004
capacity with the mayflower was around 20,000.

The away section was half full, there was an empty segregation block and the next block was less than half full. Thats around 1500 down already. There were various other empty seats dotted around the Grandstand and the Zoo end of the Lyndhurst. I can believe there were 2000 empty seats in total. I think it would have been full if the impression had not been given by the local media that it would be a sell out so people did not bother turning up on the night.

Aug 29, 2008
Perhaps one of the problems of all seaters as according to ticket office on Friday they had individual seats available dotted around the place. Most people buy tickets in pairs and want to sit next to each other so may put them off?
Wouldnt have bothered me as I often go on my own anyway but had a good couple of seats in the back row Grandstand as it turned out.

M

Monkey Nuts

Ready and willing to be proved wrong, but I don't believe that there are 16,388 seats at HP. The horseshoe was quoted as having 12,500 ish when it was built, and that hasn't changed, so that would mean there are nearly 4000 seats in the Grandstand/seats in front of the boxes and the area which used to be the disabled bit. Seems a bit many to me.

Mar 21, 2008
The capacity figure has got to be wrong.

I was in block 18, that was rammed, the family block next to me was rammed, there was then a block of segregation and the tv cameras and the away end wasn't full but I checked online at about 4pm and counted NINE unsold tickets in the whole ground, there's no-way the ground as it is now holds anywhere near 16,000

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Pogleswoody":1otackme said:
SurreyJanner":1otackme said:

How did you know I was called `erbert? :greensmile:

SurreyJanner

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 30, 2015
Thanks for your email, Richard.

The capacity of Home Park depends on a variety of factors but 16,388 is ballpark.

For the game against Wycombe, we were obliged to make 10% available to the opposition, of which they took up half.

Add in a segregation area comprising several hundred seats, and you are already up 1,000+ empty seats for the game.

We tend to sell the back and front rows all around the horseshoe only if absolutely necessary, and it would not be immediately obvious at first glance that these are empty as they are uniformly empty.

Add in a few seats dotted around here and there, and it is not hard to ‘find’ the missing 2,000!

Regards

Rick Cowdery
Head of Communications
Supporter Liaison Officer
Plymouth Argyle Football Club

Dec 7, 2006
I forsee the re-opening of the debate as to whether we actually need a 25K satdium at the moment - especially if we can't fill it for important games like this.

Mar 18, 2014
I think Bournemouth have put all the arguments to bed. We don't need a 20 or 25K stadium, we need very wealthy oligarch with money to burn who wants a football club as an hobby