James Brent??? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

James Brent???

Sep 28, 2003
So James you said you know very little about football, well you do now!
Can you now come forward and tell us this is the manager to take us forward?
You have the best fans in the land, we now need someone to take us forward.
Totally appreciate what you have done for the club ,but now is the time to make another big decision.
How can you expect us the fans to carry on with no passion from a manager and no team motivation,hope you have the courage and love for our club to do the right thing quickly !

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
The only way I can see Sheridan leaving is if he resigns. I think Brent would view the play offs as a success but I might be wrong.

Aug 29, 2014
I think we will see Sheridan resign after reading between the lines of his comments....lets hope so

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
Daddy Kool":174iiisg said:
Totally appreciate what you have done for the club ,but now is the time to make another big decision.
How can you expect us the fans to carry on with no passion from a manager and no team motivation,hope you have the courage and love for our club to do the right thing quickly !

Hypothetically, assuming James Brent called your - and everyone else's - bluff, and said "OK, I'll sack him because you want it, but you'll have to stump up the cash", how much would you be willing to contribute to pay JS off? A fiver? A hundred quid? A thousand?

Aug 10, 2006
Quinny":26t1uaxu said:
Daddy Kool":26t1uaxu said:

Hypothetically, assuming James Brent called your - and everyone else's - bluff, and said "OK, I'll sack him because you want it, but you'll have to stump up the cash", how much would you be willing to contribute to pay JS off? A fiver? A hundred quid? A thousand?
why would we have to pay brent owns the club tough poo if he aint got the money.

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
If Brent can't afford to sack Sheridan (I'm sure he can, but that money would be better used on player wages, not paying off someone's contract, especially as JS did the minimum of what was expected of him), if Sheridan wants to stay on as manager next season, then Sheridan ain't going anywhere, no matter how much some fans bitch and whine.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
loyal1970":1zvbdec3 said:
Quinny":1zvbdec3 said:
Daddy Kool":1zvbdec3 said:

why would we have to pay brent owns the club tough sh1te if he aint got the money.

:lol:

in which case why would Brent sack him?

Keep paying him, just let him stay oop nawth. The cost is the extra wage - save that by reducing the reliance on loanees and just use some of our own younger players. May take 2-3 seasons for success but I'd take that as a plan right now!

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
loyal1970":1ogm9oe5 said:
why would we have to pay brent owns the club tough sh1te if he aint got the money.

And there, in a nutshell, you have the reason why JS will remain as our manager for next season.

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

Why are people turning on James Brent?

He funds the club and there is no alternative. Not only does he keep the club running (and in existence) he provided John Sheridan with adequate resources to get promoted this season at the same time.

What more do people want? If you were an owner of a club you didn't support, in a sport you didn't support, woud you just pump loads of cash in and not think about a return?

Apr 1, 2009
Frazer Lloyd-Davies":25psubau said:

He funds the club and there is no alternative. Not only does he keep the club running (and in existence) he provided John Sheridan with adequate resources to get promoted this season at the same time.

What more do people want? If you were an owner of a club you didn't support, in a sport you didn't support, woud you just pump loads of cash in and not think about a return?

"Turning on James Brent"? I've read the thread, and it's hardly a vitriolic anti-JB thread. The OP calls on JB to sack the manager (is this surprising?), and there are some comments on the cost of doing so. It's very clear from reading this board as to who most fans think is to blame for this season's disappointments, and it's not James Brent. Either you're mistaken or you're trying to stir it up.

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

xmastree":2b4xu3hq said:
Frazer Lloyd-Davies":2b4xu3hq said:

"Turning on James Brent"? I've read the thread, and it's hardly a vitriolic anti-JB thread. The OP calls on JB to sack the manager (is this surprising?), and there are some comments on the cost of doing so. It's very clear from reading this board as to who most fans think is to blame for this season's disappointments, and it's not James Brent. Either you're mistaken or you're trying to stir it up.
My days of stirring up crap on here are long Xmas, hardly known for it am I?

It's more of a combination of different posts across Pasoti, Twitter and FB as well as conservations held during and after last night though. If I was on a wind up I'd go and bug the Tory lot in Opinions :D

Maybe, I'm mistaken as to the extent. I believe Sheridan should take the vast majority of the blame. He had enough resources at his disposable to go up.

Apr 1, 2009
Frazer Lloyd-Davies":25aor36o said:
xmastree":25aor36o said:
Frazer Lloyd-Davies":25aor36o said:

My days of stirring up crap on here are long Xmas, hardly known for it am I?

It's more of a combination of different posts across Pasoti, Twitter and FB as well as conservations held during and after last night though. If I was on a wind up I'd go and bug the Tory lot in Opinions :D

Maybe, I'm mistaken as to the extent. I believe Sheridan should take the vast majority of the blame. He had enough resources at his disposable to go up.

Ok I'll take back the "Stir" bit. Of course there's anger after last night, and there will be those who will have a go at JB in the heat of it. However I don't believe there is any significant move against JB at present. There might be, however, should he meekly retain Sheridan.