Contracts offered list (players leaving & staying) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Contracts offered list (players leaving & staying)

Mar 23, 2011
Fareham
http://www.pafc.co.uk/news/article/reta ... 58750.aspx

PLYMOUTH ARGYLE RETAINED LIST 2015-16

Out of contract, offered new contract: Lewis Alessandra, James Bittner, Tyler Harvey, Anthony O’Connor.

Option to extend contract taken up by the club: Aaron Bentley, Peter Hartley.

Out of contract, released: River Allen, Jason Banton, Dominic Blizzard, Matt Lecointe, Marvin Morgan, Ollie Norburn, Jamie Richards, Paul Wotton (retired).

Loans expired: Zak Ansah, Tareiq Holmes-Dennis, Gethin Jones, Bobby Reid.

Under contract: Ryan Brunt, Lee Cox, Carl McHugh, Luke McCormick, Kelvin Mellor, Curtis Nelson, Ben Purrington, Reuben Reid, Deane Smalley.

Apprentices offered professional contract: Callum Hall, Louis Rooney.

Apprentices released: Andrew Hannah, Mason Hughes, Tom Moxham, Will Sargent.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
SurreyGreen":3sqd6cmk said:
http://www.pafc.co.uk/news/article/retain-list-2458750.aspx
Can't argue with much of that.

Jul 29, 2010
A lot may be made of Banton going, especially after the last two games, but on balance he's had far too many chances and blown most.

No tears shed over any of those decisions.

Jun 11, 2013
I'd have kept Banton and maybe let Lewis go instead but I'm guessing Banton leaving will free up a fair chunk of the wage bill. Surprised that Tyler has been offered another contract, I like what I've seen of him but he seemed to regress in Sheridan's eyes this season. He and Purrington have to be given a proper chance next season otherwise what's the point? Obviously a shame about Matt Lecointe but also River Allen, heard him touted for great things by some, shame it hasn't happened for him.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
If the manager is having a say in what players are being released then surely he's staying?

Disappointing with the decision on both fronts

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I'm surprised that Tyler Harvey has been made an offer. He hasn't exactly been wanted this season and I can't for the life of me see any reason why he would want to stay for more of the same next season.

I suspect that Lewis Alessandra and Anthony O'Connor will be off.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Harsh on Lecointe but perhaps not surprising.

Did Blizzard know before last night? He certainly didn't take the chance to attract a club.

O'connor will go so we have very few midfielders.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
I agree with the doc. I doubt that Lewi or AO'C will be here next season.

Sep 28, 2003
London
Tugboat":3j1dbxbn said:
If the manager is having a say in what players are being released then surely he's staying?

But Blizzard is being released, when Sheridan was so desperate to bring him back in last night - curious. Good riddance to him - a more cowardly player you could never find, totally afraid to try and affect a game.

Callum Hall and Louis Rooney must be looking at the way River Allen, Luke Young, Tyler Harvey etc have been treated and hoping the axe falls on Sheridan sooner rather than later. Why give either one of them a go when you can sign someone no better on loan and play them instead?

Jun 24, 2008
I was up at home park today and I could tell there were contract talks going on. Saw lots of players up there, most looking pretty glum. Loanees were waiting around together too, obviously signing off for the summer. Harvey, Brunt, O'Connor, Wotton and McCormick all seen. They seemed to be coming and going, the mood very dull.

Gut feeling is letting Banton go is a mistake as for the others I totally agree with. Sad day for those young lads who never quite made it but heres to looking ahead.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Anyone near Cobi? Suicide watch required - Norburn's been released.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Andy Holland":2ub97ejl said:
Tugboat":2ub97ejl said:

But Blizzard is being released, when Sheridan was so desperate to bring him back in last night - curious. Good riddance to him - a more cowardly player you could never find, totally afraid to try and affect a game.

Callum Hall and Louis Rooney must be looking at the way River Allen, Luke Young, Tyler Harvey etc have been treated and hoping the axe falls on Sheridan sooner rather than later. Why give either one of them a go when you can sign someone no better on loan and play them instead?

The thing that worries me most is that decisions are being made with Sheridan still in charge.

Surely they wouldn't make that decision just yet if a replacement manager was being sought?