• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

In praise of GoS's contributors

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
Mods, I hope you don't mind a separate thread for this one, but now we've come to the end of the season (our 9th in the bottom tier) I think it's important to sing the praises of GoS's match contributors.

All of the 53 games were covered (never mind the pre-season friendlies) and a total of 5,177 photos made available within a few hours of the season's final whistles. That's an average of two helpers per game and 48 photos selected by each for publishing, and probably a whole lot more taken and discarded. Then there's the commentary clips: 256 extracted and published from over 10,000 minutes of recording; not to mention the match summaries, where we've tried to be balanced but equally not pull punches.

So a huge thank you to Bob, Gill, Malcolm, Laura, Will and Trev for the photos, to Keith for the audio clips, and to Andy and Brendan for the match summaries. Some have been doing it for years of course, and the very good news is that for most it'll be business as usual next season, whatever changes there might be for the website as a whole.

A bargain if you ask me!

Steve

Dec 20, 2011
Fantastic effort by all involved with GOS :nworthy:

My Sunday morning routine is to look at the photos and stats.

A must for exiles :clap: :scarf:

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Let's not forget you Steve for all your input and, without who, the site wouldn't even exist. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
Keepitgreen":1yuglh2i said:
Let's not forget you Steve for all your input and, without who, the site wouldn't even exist. :clap:
Well done Bob, right on cue, your cheque's in the post! :thumbup: :lol:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
:greensmile:

Well done again to THE best Argyle related website. We're proud (in this case) to come second. :scarf:

A great season for the team and I think their work is greatly appreciated by all that view the site on a regular basis.

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
IJN":19od1se5 said:
Well done again to THE best Argyle related website. We're proud (in this case) to come second. :scarf:

A great season for the team and I think their work is greatly appreciated by all that view the site on a regular basis.
Now where's the blushing emoticon? Ah yes, here it is :oops:. Seriously, thank you, but I also get a bit embarrassed when I see this said. I don't think it's fair to be honest - I couldn't begin to run a messageboard for instance. We all do different things to the best of our abilities, and it's the blend of all sites that makes 'online Argyle' what it is.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
GreensOnScreen":1am7wc3b said:
IJN":1am7wc3b said:

Now where's the blushing emoticon? Ah yes, here it is :oops:. Seriously, thank you, but I also get a bit embarrassed when I see this said. I don't think it's fair to be honest - I couldn't begin to run a messageboard for instance. We all do different things to the best of our abilities, and it's the blend of all sites that makes 'online Argyle' what it is.

We agree to disagree Steve. I certainly wouldn't agree that 'all' do.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Fantastic website with good people on board.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
The site has certainly been an inspiration for me. In my work investigating the late 50s and early 60s at Home Park the original basis of all my research has been GoS (with support from the excellent Andy Riddle and Brian Knight books and Peter Hall's phenomenal memory). In further work to find about players' records before and after their time at Home Park I have also visited most of the similar sites at other clubs. Without doubt GoS is unrivalled - none even come close.