What postions are needed for a better finish. | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

What postions are needed for a better finish.

Aug 23, 2006
Home Park
What are the key areas that need filling before the start of the new season.

I definitely say manager.

A new goalie to give Luke some competition.

A centre half who can play the ball out

A creative midfield player

New winger

Any other thoughts.

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

Midfield goal scorers. We were too reliant upon Reid and Lewi this season.

P

pafcstafford

Keeper
Right back
Left back
Centre midfield x3
Left wing
Right wing
One forward

KCJ

Nov 23, 2011
I think that if we had kept Connor H, we would have had the attacking spark we missed from midfield all season. I think Sheridan had planned to build the team around him and his pre season plans and summer signings reflected that, only for Connor to be sold right at the start of the season.
Fine lines in this division but i think if we can resign Norburn and Allesandra and then sign one or two attacking and goalscoring midfielders it would be enough for a top three finish.

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
A position elsewhere for the currant manager

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
A different approach from the management.

Partically in this league extra passion, grit, determination and belief can make up much more of a team than ability or 'swagger'.

Wycombe are an absolute role model of that. Those players knew what they needed to do, believed in it and were relentless in there efforts because they wanted it so much and every player was on board in that approach.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Tugboat":1m4qx0dl said:
A different approach from the management.

Partically in this league extra passion, grit, determination and belief can make up much more of a team than ability or 'swagger'.

Wycombe are an absolute role model of that. Those players knew what they needed to do, believed in it and were relentless in there efforts because they wanted it so much and every player was on board in that approach.

Whereas Argyle with greater resources and a much more experienced team manager played with as much passion as a garden gnome.

There is a problem "behind the scenes", whether that is Sheridan's fault, others in the coaching or the players, it needs resolving. Sheridan said last summer, he was recruiting vocal leaders - I think he failed in that respect.

G

Green_White_Landrake

Why a keeper??? Luke is fine. I'd say:

Center Back
Left Back
Wingers x2
Center Mid. x3
Striker x2

M

MikeN

We need a few leaders who will stand up and be counted in difficult conditions. I had hoped that Hartley and O'connor would be these players, but both of them were generally poor in our crucial run in, and very poor in both playoff games. They're both fairly young, so it's no criticism, but we really do need someone - maybe an older head - that can grab a game by the scruff of the neck when it's needed.

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
MikeN":28wtmynh said:
We need a few leaders who will stand up and be counted in difficult conditions. I had hoped that Hartley and O'connor would be these players, but both of them were generally poor in our crucial run in, and very poor in both playoff games. They're both fairly young, so it's no criticism, but we really do need someone - maybe an older head - that can grab a game by the scruff of the neck when it's needed.

Hartley young?

Must be 27 or 28?

Apr 4, 2004
I think we had the right team to go up automatically this season. They are good enough. We just struggled to utilize them to best effect. Our game plan has been consistently pee poor That is a crying shame.

I would love someone in the mould of Sam Saunders at Wycombe. He is a classy midfielder. I would have liked to have seen a Cureton type player combining with Lewis up front.