🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
On the M4 on the way to Wembly to watch the conference playoff final. Oh how I wish it was next week. To s3 all the coaches & flag covered cars is an awesome sight. As I say just the wrong colour. Brings home what could have been.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Just for interest, Wycombe have been allocated 21,600 tickets and Southend 30,000, with more going on sale if needed.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
TinTin":2y7srl24 said:
PL2 3DQ":2y7srl24 said:
Just for interest, Wycombe have been allocated 21,600 tickets and Southend 30,000, with more going on sale if needed.

Greetings from a hot and humid China, Posty

How are those figures calculated ?

Average home attendance during the season multiplied by X ?

Keep the Faith :scarf:

I'm not sure how Southend's allocation was decided but I've heard Wycombe's allocation was based on a complex formula of one ST holder x average attendance ÷ by the number of fake injuries during the semi-finals x the number of times Reuben Reid touched the ball in both games - John Sheridan's tactical nous (0) ÷ goals scored from set pieces - the number of minutes wasted by Wycombe x the amount of time taken to leave Adams Park = 21,600.

PL2 3DQ":2z3m2rhk said:
TinTin":2z3m2rhk said:
PL2 3DQ":2z3m2rhk said:

I'm not sure how Southend's allocation was decided but I've heard Wycombe's allocation was based on a complex formula of one ST holder x average attendance ÷ by the number of fake injuries during the semi-finals x the number of times Reuben Reid touched the ball in both games - John Sheridan's tactical nous (0) ÷ goals scored from set pieces - the number of minutes wasted by Wycombe x the amount of time taken to leave Adams Park = 21,600.

:funny:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It's not about attendances though is it?

We know the Green Army is great once mobilised.

It's what is on the pitch that is important. I saw two games and on both occasions Wycombe wanted it (all of them) more than our players.

Wycombe are tinpot, but there players would die for the cause. From what I witnessed, only a few fall into that category for us.

That first half display at Adams Park was simply embarrassing. No other word for it. Those players must have realised that was possibly their best chance EVER of getting to Wembley and they play like that!

Sod how good fans we are, we've known that forever, it's the players that failed on this one.

Good luck to Wycombe they earned their right to be there. We certainly didn't. Our rather our players didn't.

Sep 2, 2008
IJN":3b6urtk9 said:

It's what is on the pitch that is important. I saw two games and on both occasions Wycombe wanted it (all of them) more than our players.

Wycombe are tinpot, but there players would die for the cause. From what I witnessed, only a few fall into that category for us.

This is why I want Sheridan to go. Desire, passion and the willingness to bust your bo**ocks comes from the manager. One of his problems is that he believes that once players step over that white line there's nothing more he can really do which is utter tosh. He may not be able to actually make the pass or put the ball in the net but he can ignite a fire in their bellies from the touchline. Just another example of his limitations as far as I'm concerned.
I know people have their reasons for not wanting Holloway back but for me he is one of the best managers we have had here in a long while. He could see a decent player and he could also get that extra 10% out of them that would get us the 3 points.

PL2 3DQ":1ondvgsg said:
TinTin":1ondvgsg said:
PL2 3DQ":1ondvgsg said:

:lol:

May 3, 2009
perlymuff
Pottypilgrim":1pungt85 said:
IJN":1pungt85 said:

This is why I want Sheridan to go. Desire, passion and the willingness to bust your bo**ocks comes from the manager. One of his problems is that he believes that once players step over that white line there's nothing more he can really do which is utter tosh. He may not be able to actually make the pass or put the ball in the net but he can ignite a fire in their bellies from the touchline. Just another example of his limitations as far as I'm concerned.
I know people have their reasons for not wanting Holloway back but for me he is one of the best managers we have had here in a long while. He could see a decent player and he could also get that extra 10% out of them that would get us the 3 points.

I understand what you're saying but do the players really need motivating for a play off semi, 1 game from Wembley, surely they should be fired up and busting a gut regardless of the managers ineptitude

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
NLM FC":1s7gqp7h said:
Pottypilgrim":1s7gqp7h said:
IJN":1s7gqp7h said:

I understand what you're saying but do the players really need motivating for a play off semi, 1 game from Wembley, surely they should be fired up and busting a gut regardless of the managers ineptitude

They should have been but clearly were not.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
TinTin":15f48oso said:
IJN - I believe nobody can dispute your comments.

However, the Football League MUST have hard statistics of some type - not emotional and subjective feelings which the fans can muster - to calculate the allocation ?

It is probably more based on the configuration of Wembley Stadium rather than club statistics. The 30,000 to Southend is one end of the stadium which they have probably claimed they will be able to sell. Wycombe have likely gone for a lower figure which doesn't include a number of upper tier blocks but with an option of opening more up if needed.

Dec 3, 2005
So Plymouth will be at Wembley for the final after all, albeit in name only, on the bottom of the ticket it says 'East - Plymouth or Wycombe'

So we could have been sititng where the Wycombe fans wil be :(

Price is £38.