Poor Preparation? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Poor Preparation?

Jul 13, 2006
Apologies if this has already been covered. But does anyone know what time the Team bus got to the ground at Wycombe?
We overtook it on the way to the Ground.
It can't have got there that early, which I would've thought would be important prior to such an important game.
I don't know where the Team were staying, but I would've thought local traffic conditions might have been anticipated.
It's often the little details that can make a difference, and I believe the lateness of the arrival may have played a part in our poor start.
Anyone else's thoughts?

Jun 28, 2011
Plymouth
foreigner":3fijirch said:
Apologies if this has already been covered. But does anyone know what time the Team bus got to the ground at Wycombe?
We overtook it on the way to the Ground.
It can't have got there that early, which I would've thought would be important prior to such an important game.
I don't know where the Team were staying, but I would've thought local traffic conditions might have been anticipated.
It's often the little details that can make a difference, and I believe the lateness of the arrival may have played a part in our poor start.
Anyone else's thoughts?

It arrived just before 7.00 pm - I thought it was little late as well.

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
Unbelievable. Should have left Wednesday, stayed over night and prepped properly. I'm shocked. How amateur

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
typical of our useless management team.they should have been there at 6 pm.sheridan,mccarthy,harbin and wilmot out now! :furious:

Sep 20, 2003
Steve Evans":2kziptml said:
typical of our useless management team.they should have been there at 6 pm.sheridan,mccarthy,harbin and wilmot out now! :furious:

Wotton?

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
At least we had a week's rest from Mr Evans immediately following our win at Shrewsbury. Be grateful for small mercies.

Apr 25, 2006
Cornwall
IJN":1vfvqphr said:
It was 1830 I was immediately behind it.

Still over an hour to ko. Leaves plenty of time to get changed and have a fag before ambling out for a pre-match kick about. :scarf:

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
kernow19":1gcrth39 said:
IJN":1gcrth39 said:
It was 1830 I was immediately behind it.

Still over an hour to ko. Leaves plenty of time to get changed and have a fag before ambling out for a pre-match kick about. :scarf:
Your post reminds me about one of the great days of my life. In 2008 I visited Wilf Carter at his home in Bath. Me: "Wilf, why did you leave West Brom to come to Home Park? You were beginning to play more regularly in the West Brom side." Wilf: "To be honest Steve, a lot of the lads were not keen on the manager Vic Buckingham. He upset quite a few of us when he stopped us having a tab at half time and in the bath after the match."

G

Greenskin

Steve Evans":36on4e6a said:

Absolutely. And get rid of the bleddy bus as well. Either that or use it to defend free kicks and corners.