Why would any player want to move here | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Why would any player want to move here

Aug 2, 2011
Looking at the many posts on here over the last 12 months I wonder why any player would want to join a club whose supporters bitch amd moan about a manager who actually achieved what he said he would as a minimium, bitch and complain about an owner who rescued the club from administration when no one else was interested, bitch and complain that their 20 goal striker is overwieght and lazy. Express delight that their 13 goal striker may be in the process of leaving added to which we are 200 plus miles from the capital city with no airlinks and a pretty crap rail service. Oh yes the new strip does not please some of the most design fastiduous gurus of North Road East and West not withstanding their perchance for baggy track suit bottoms and hoodies. Why oh why.

C

Cobi Budge.

Ah, bringing out the old blame the fans for our underachievement card.

Our fans have been excellent all season and have a right to complain when we have an inconsistent, underachieving side in a very poor league.

C

CKGreens

He achieved more than 17 other managers in this league! I do however question his tactics at times, but heh I am not a tactician or a professional football manager!

C

CKGreens

PRESTO":27uwydsu said:
Looking at the many posts on here over the last 12 months I wonder why any player would want to join a club whose supporters bitch amd moan about a manager who actually achieved what he said he would as a minimium, bitch and complain about an owner who rescued the club from administration when no one else was interested, bitch and complain that their 20 goal striker is overwieght and lazy. Express delight that their 13 goal striker may be in the process of leaving added to which we are 200 plus miles from the capital city with no airlinks and a pretty crap rail service. Oh yes the new strip does not please some of the most design fastiduous gurus of North Road East and West not withstanding their perchance for baggy track suit bottoms and hoodies. Why oh why.

:clap:

C

Cobi Budge.

Fans aren't just there to blindly seal clap along with whatever the club does, fans are customers to the club and have a right to question, complain or be concerned when something isn't right.

I strongly doubt any potential player will say "oh look I'm not going to Plymouth because the fans there weren't delighted with finishing 7th in the basement league".

Is that next seasons excuse then? We didn't do too well because the fans scared away all of our targets.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Just wondering like, what's better...a fan who bitches and moans at continuous dross but goes to the majority of games, or someone far more sane who doesn't bother at all??

I think people like you ought to be thankful that after the last decade there are still actually people left with enough passion for the club TO bitch and moan rather than just walk away from the club and do something else on Saturdays

In any case our apparently awful support wasn't enough to put off the umpteen loans who came to home park last season

Mar 23, 2008
CKGreens":36vwrr5o said:
PRESTO":36vwrr5o said:

:clap:
What an odd post, especially in light of the support in the play offs. Amazing some still can't smell the coffee.

Aug 2, 2011
As a season ticket holder I probably am insane but I do attend every home and when possible away games and have done so for 55 + years. But I try to remain positive and support not endlessly bitch about the club, its players, its owner or its manager whilst accepting none are perfect. Yes of course the paying fans are customers and entitled to their opinions but please God not this endless negativity.

Nov 4, 2012
The fans are the reason they should want to come here. Good home crowds and unbelievable away followings. Over 2,000 at Wycombe on a Thursday night. Incredible. The Wycombe players would have been in awe of the Green Army, outsinging the home fans at 3 goals down.

I don't consider finishing 7th and then putting in a rather pathetic showing in the play-offs as success. Had we been unlucky in defeat it would be different but we were well beaten and it should have probably been by more goals than it was. I think the fans have a right to be unhappy with Sheridan.

I do agree however that the criticism of Brent, Alessandra and a clearly unfit Reid is unjustified.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
I understand where the OP is coming from as someone that accepted our position over performance in the hope we'd get an undeserved promotion. However, managers in the past have managed to sell the club but I can't see JS being suitably good at selling Plymouth. I'm not getting involved with the 'he's never here' argument as that's been done.

I just don't believe he cares enough about the club to push it. Holloway was brilliant at it Nd it showed in his signings, Sturrock and Warnock also got a calibre of player far better than we deserved at the time. Each one had a marque signing which I don't think we'll get from JS.
Take AOC, came from Birmingham and had a good couple of months, went back to have a shot at a contract extension and when that didn't come he still baulked at co I g back here on a perms ant deal (albeit) a short term deal.
Players will come but the better players will only come here in the short term unless we have success on the pitch. For that we may well need a better organised manager.

Apr 15, 2008
London
To be fair pretty much every club has it fair share of moaners and moan-heavy forums. We're no different. If you're a player, you'd know you're better off not reading them.

May 22, 2006
The internet is the place for whining, bitching and mindless hyperbole - always has been. It's not just this site (check out ATD or the Herald comments pages) and it's not just this club either. Lots of people with too much anger in their system and no other outlet for it.

I'm sure players & managers are wise to it. Probably part of their media training these days.