Sponsor the youth team's Milk Cup trip | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Sponsor the youth team's Milk Cup trip

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Dear all,

The AFT is currently assisting the Green Taverners in finding individuals, businesses or groups to sponsor the youth team's annual trip to Ireland for the Milk Cup this summer. The AFT have already donated money but further funds are needed to ensure that it is possible for the youth team to make the trip. Without the money, they will be unable to go.

The cost to sponsor the team is £50. In return each sponsor will receive a Certificate of Sponsorship and a football signed by the first team squad of PAFC. These will be presented by Argyle’s record appearance holder Kevin Hodges at a special event at the Green Taverners Suite where the sponsors will be the special guests.

Anyone interested in taking part in this sponsorship deal please contact the Green Taverners or Bob Wright on 07919 367695 or via email to bobthecofi@gmail.com. Payment can be made by bank transfer to Barclays branch 206810 account 13392686, and entering ‘MILK CUP’ in the reference box. Alternatively please send your details with a cheque for £50 (payable to the Green Taverners) to: Youth Team Sponsorship, Argyle Fans’ Trust, PO Box 290, Plymouth, PL5 9BW.

Full details can be found here http://www.argylefanstrust.com/2015/05/ ... -cup-trip/

Mar 7, 2009
No doubting that the AFT and Green Taverners do excellent work with this sort of thing - nothing but praise and thanks for them.

But Sam, can I ask why the club aren't funding this?

I don't know the exact timeframe for exactly how long we have been out of administration but its a few years now. Martyn Starnes came out and said we have now broken even for the first time in a long time - plus we will now have received the money (I am aware this was not a lot) from our play off appearances (Sky money). Can this not be used to fund this? I don't see why it is left to the AFT and GTs to raise the funds for something that, from the outside looking in, should be funded by PAFC.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I would add that Pasoti has given £1000 direct into the Academy and I am hopeful that we will hit another£1000 in the next month.

As for your question PP, I was asked this on FB this week and I don't really understand why this is being asked.

Surely when the PASTD (I missed a letter out somewhere) was formed, wasn't that done because fans wanted to help the club with bringing young lads on?

As I say, I don't understand this question in so much as people ARE prepared to voluntarily help the club, although not directly, why are others asking such a question.

Seems agenda driven to me!

Or perhaps it's because I was also asked by the same person whether I paid my own fuel when I attended away matches. Call me suspicious!! :crazy:

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
IJN":ajaobfs8 said:
I would add that Pasoti has given £1000 direct into the Academy and I am hopeful that we will hit another£1000 in the next month.

As for your question PP, I was asked this on FB this week and I don't really understand why this is being asked.

Surely when the PASTD (I missed a letter out somewhere) was formed, wasn't that done because fans wanted to help the club with bringing young lads on?

As I say, I don't understand this question in so much as people ARE prepared to voluntarily help the club, although not directly, why are others asking such a question.

Or perhaps it's because I was also asked by the same person whether I paid my own fuel when I attended away matches. Call me suspicious!! :crazy:
PAST&DT Ian.
Doesn't the Argyle Foundation subs cover the Milk Cup expenses etc?

B

Baby Face Johnson

IJN":sbq6fowi said:

The bit that irks me Ian is where Sam says without the funding, the lads won't be able to go. Surely the club should step in and fund this *if enough money was not raised by volunteers. After all, it should benefit the club and us in the long run.

Mar 7, 2009
Thanks Ian. Well done to PASOTI for raising those funds, as well as the AFT and GTs.

Doesn't answer my question though. Why aren't the club funding this?

Aug 10, 2006
IJN":1w4ungtw said:

how long do the fans keep paying though ian the youth are part of Plymouth argyle football club so surely the club should be paying.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
loyal1970":2k0o8158 said:
[how long do the fans keep paying though ian the youth are part of Plymouth argyle football club so surely the club should be paying.

Hell, I thought it was Yorkshire folk that were tight but now it seems as if you have to live in Leeds to be as tight as a duck's arse. :twisted:

The answer is I don't know Neil but as long as there are people like the AFT, GT's and PASOTI, the kids will enjoy their trip.

Should the club pay? Possibly? Have they got the money to spend on that AND getting decent players in, probably not, so people that are prepared to get off their arses (somebody's quote on a recent Plymouth thread) is good by me.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
As for why the club isn't funding it, that's a question to ask them not us. All we know is that they aren't funding it and therefore it's something the fans have decided to do because we consider it better than the young lads missing out. However, the Trust does exist as a conduit to the club and therefore we will ask it the next time we meet with club representatives and provide a documented answer due to the high number of people asking the question.

What we know at the moment however is that it is something highly beneficial to our young lads, does needed to be funded somehow and this is something we can do to help. There is relevance in asking these questions but it need not preclude raising the funds.

nikkk

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 8, 2011
One for me please mate ... And pass the ball on to someone who deserves a little gift .... :scarf:

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
pilgrim_pete":1sh60nbw said:
No doubting that the AFT and Green Taverners do excellent work with this sort of thing - nothing but praise and thanks for them.

But Sam, can I ask why the club aren't funding this?

I don't know the exact timeframe for exactly how long we have been out of administration but its a few years now. Martyn Starnes came out and said we have now broken even for the first time in a long time - plus we will now have received the money (I am aware this was not a lot) from our play off appearances (Sky money). Can this not be used to fund this? I don't see why it is left to the AFT and GTs to raise the funds for something that, from the outside looking in, should be funded by PAFC.
Sorry Pete if i'm wrong but this stinks of another site and mischief making and how do you know we have recieved any monies yet. For somebody clearly so well informed I would have thought you would have been aware that Argyle do not receve any of the Sky tv money as it all goes into the FA's pot. The club obviously still cannot afford to pay for this and still have to find a not so inconsidserable sum to pay the remains of the football creditors debt so why you or anyone else should get hot under the coller because other fans wish to help if they are able to is quite frankly beyond me or perhaps it's just another shity stick to use to beat either JB or the club with eh.

nikkk

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 8, 2011
Maybe start this thread and the excellent idea again .... :facepalm:

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
With my Plymouth Argyle Supporters' Club Plymouth Branch hat on I would just like to mention that we recently made a sizeable donation to Plymouth Argyle Youth Development.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Proud to be a member!!

More bucket rattlers eh?

:facepalm: