Great website Argyle shirts history | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Great website Argyle shirts history

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It's been put up many times before.

It is great though and I'm sure a few people will not have seen it.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
You can see now how clever Adam's design is.

1899.png

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
My least favourite kit by a long way is the recent 'Bond Bib', I truly hated that one.

Ed

Dec 1, 2008
Adam's black and green halves is gorgeous but not with white socks, white socks rarely look good, particularly when there's little or no white elsewhere on the kit, they just look terribly out of place.

Looking back at the historical kits site I think my favourite apart from the 60s chest hoop classics might be the 1948-49 one, green shirt with black trim, white shorts, green and black hooped socks. I think you could do a modern version of that which would look excellent, be a bit different and feel really right as an Argyle kit.

The worst kit, recent or otherwise, is the two tone Adidas monstrosity. Literally everything was wrong with it. The wrong badge, the weird stripes, the bizarre shoulders and misplaced Adidas badge, two different greens (three if you count the dark stripes and back not quite matching), white socks, the Ginsters blob, I have never hated a kit like I did that one.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
GreenArmy1984":jd2lg548 said:
Yes brilliant website - Loads of Stripe Argyle Shirts I see

Thanks for posting it on Here :thumbs:
And a lot more plain ones! I am with mercedes and the 1959 one.

Ed

Dec 1, 2008
Ed":2cih97rm said:
Looking back at the historical kits site I think my favourite apart from the 60s chest hoop classics might be the 1948-49 one, green shirt with black trim, white shorts, green and black hooped socks. I think you could do a modern version of that which would look excellent, be a bit different and feel really right as an Argyle kit.

As I'm bored on a Saturday without football I thought I'd have a play around on photoshop again for the first time in ages, Adam sent me his brilliant full kit template a while back and I love his halved kit absed on an old design so I thought I'd have a go at the 40s kit I mentioned above. I didn't want to put a real manufacturer's logo on but I thought something should fill the space where one should be so I've used Pasoti's logo instead, although happy to change it wanted.

Argyle%20Hoopsocks.png