🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Be radical, make a programme that offers more than just something people pick up to record their attendance.

Maybe less "latest news" that has been posted on Pasoti days before the articles were written let alone printed and sat in transit prior to match day. Proper interviews with players that go beyond tedious questions like "what is in your pocket right now", proper interviews with former players about their memories of playing for Argyle. If not players then supporters, managers , pundits, anyone that has something at least marginally more interesting to say than "the fans were great at X club, I enjoyed my time there but I had to leave just to find myself and some other such generic noise".

Personally I stopped buying the programme this season. For me it's an outdated concept where people still buy into this idea that the programme is vital to the match day experience. It's not, trust me I survived this season relatively unscathed by giving it a miss, my £3 was otherwise invested in prematch doughnuts and the like. Just as intellectually stimulating only tastier and £1 cheaper.

What I'd love to see is something genuinely interesting to read, sadly that will not happen because clubs can simply trot out the same cheap to write, generic "updates" 23 times a season and enough people will lap it up at £3 a pop, survey or not it's simply not cost effective to produce anything better. Anyway sorry about that my rant is over now, safe to say I'll be sticking to other ways of using my £3 :thumbs:

Sorry about the hijack KIG :oops:

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Ollieargyle9":3te8b1di said:
Be radical, make a programme that offers more than just something people pick up to record their attendance.

Maybe less "latest news" that has been posted on Pasoti days before the articles were written let alone printed and sat in transit prior to match day. Proper interviews with players that go beyond tedious questions like "what is in your pocket right now", proper interviews with former players about their memories of playing for Argyle. If not players then supporters, managers , pundits, anyone that has something at least marginally more interesting to say than "the fans were great at X club, I enjoyed my time there but I had to leave just to find myself and some other such generic noise".

Personally I stopped buying the programme this season. For me it's an outdated concept where people still buy into this idea that the programme is vital to the match day experience. It's not, trust me I survived this season relatively unscathed by giving it a miss, my £3 was otherwise invested in prematch doughnuts and the like. Just as intellectually stimulating only tastier and £1 cheaper.

What I'd love to see is something genuinely interesting to read, sadly that will not happen because clubs can simply trot out the same cheap to write, generic "updates" 23 times a season and enough people will lap it up at £3 a pop, survey or not it's simply not cost effective to produce anything better. Anyway sorry about that my rant is over now, safe to say I'll be sticking to other ways of using my £3 :thumbs:

Sorry about the hijack KIG :oops:
No hijack at all Ollie. Just cut and paste it and send it to media@pafc.co.uk. That could be their challenge; to get you to buy the programme again and prevent you from abusing your body with doughnuts. :lol:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
There is a lot of repeated news in the programme but I suppose the club are giving information to fans who don't use the internet or buy the Herald (and/or live on the moon).

Fans to send in photos of Argyle related street signs, buildings, place names seen when travelling to away games. There's always plenty of those around the UK.

A page dedicated to the AFT.

An Argyle themed word search for the young fans.

A comic strip super hero story throughout the season, "Argyle Man" saving the city of Plymouth from the evil Grecian :lol: . (A friend of mine has done comic strips for other publications and they are always popular :) ).

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
"Argyle Man, come quick the children's home is burning down, there are kids in there!"

"Bugger off, I'm in Leeds"

ARGYLE MAAAN! The Supersonic Saviour in a weird green cape!!! Argyle Maaaaan!

*roll credits*

Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
Massive Fan of Plymouth Argyle Home Programmes

I have been a Argyle Home Programme Subscriber since 1985-86 and subscribe every season

Recently LG helped me with 1980-85 to increase my collection

Last seasons The pilgrim was excellent and sent my feedback to Argyle Media

Fantastic Programme subscription service from O Publishing

Well done Argyle :thumbs:

P

Piran-Pilgrim

Would love to see a blank page for young fans to get Signatures instead of signing over writing on back page also loved the page we also play in green will be waiting to see what Nigel Harradence has in store as found them great, also as well as pen pics of first steamers etc in programs would love to see one regarding our youth.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
I like "On This Day" features - recalling a match on the same date from past seasons but also using adverts, prices and news from the era being covered.