HP Facelift - a job for the Trustand other fans/groups | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

HP Facelift - a job for the Trustand other fans/groups

May 3, 2007
Liskeard, Cornwall
I couldn't help but noticing the continuing decline in the condition of the area around the Grandstand and office Portakabins when looking at the video of the welcome arrival of Derek Adams.

With the Grandstand replacement very unlikely to happen for a long time, it is really vital to do some cosmetic upgrades, for example, getting rid of unwelcome foliage, repainting the famous gates and publicly visible areas, doing something to make the Mayflower steps area look like something better than the scene from a grimy industrial wasteland film, no doubt there are myriad jobs to do too - like fixing taps and toilets that are having to be used again etc.

However, we are a fourth division club with limited funds and so available funds must be prioritised to getting results on the pitch.

Derek Adams spoke about wanting to help build the club, not just a team. That was music to many of our ears, I suspect. I am sure there must be a way forward where perhaps a combination of local tradespeople and volunteers can get these jobs sorted out.

For example if an external decorator is available then s/he could paint the gates area and the club would give him/her space in a programme, or an advert in the area saying this was refurbed by so and so of Devonport etc.

Or for example, we could have a supporters day, where we all turn up armed with good will and get rid of the shrubbery around the place. At the end of the day, we could have a meet and greet with Derek and Craig (if it is to be him etc).

It really shouldn't be too hard to organise these small but important items. Let's face it, the place is a shambles at the moment and is an embarrassment.

Maybe the Fans Trust could help and/or it could be organised via PASOTI. I really don't care. But let's get it done and - along the way - help to rekindle the Spirit of Wycombe!

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
Green Rhino":14gpdw7u said:
I couldn't help but noticing the continuing decline in the condition of the area around the Grandstand and office Portakabins when looking at the video of the welcome arrival of Derek Adams.

With the Grandstand replacement very unlikely to happen for a long time, it is really vital to do some cosmetic upgrades, for example, getting rid of unwelcome foliage, repainting the famous gates and publicly visible areas, doing something to make the Mayflower steps area look like something better than the scene from a grimy industrial wasteland film, no doubt there are myriad jobs to do too - like fixing taps and toilets that are having to be used again etc.

However, we are a fourth division club with limited funds and so available funds must be prioritised to getting results in the pitch.

Derek Adams spoke about wanting to help build the club, not just a team. That was music to many of our ears, I suspect. I am sure there must be a way forward where perhaps a combination of local tradespeople and volunteers can get these jobs sorted out.

For example if an external decorator is available then s/he could paint the gates area and the club would give him/her space in a programme, or an advert in the area saying this was refurbed by so and so of Devonport etc.

Or for example, we could have a supporters day, where we all turn up armed with good will and get rid of the shrubbery around the place. At the end of the day, we could have a meet and greet with Derek and Craig (if it is to be him etc).

It really shouldn't be too hard to organise these small but important items. Let's face it, the place is a shambles at the moment and is an embarrassment.

Maybe the Fans Trust could help and/or it could be organised via PASOTI. I really don't care. But let's get it done and - along the way - help to rekindle the Spirit of Wycombe!

Great Idea. Have you spoken to the club? This, as you say, would be easily achievable. There are many 'older' fans too who are retired and enjoy this kind of 'DIY' stuff too.

May 3, 2007
Liskeard, Cornwall
Monster Green":28kom0vw said:
Great Idea. Have you spoken to the club? This, as you say, would be easily achievable. There are many 'older' fans too who are retired and enjoy this kind of 'DIY' stuff too.

I have and the person I wanted to talk to is in a meeting, and will ring back a bit later.

L G

♣️ PACSA Member
✅ Evergreen
Feb 25, 2005
Lostwithiel, Capital of Cornwall.
Green Rhino":193ygcoy said:

However, we are a fourth division club with limited funds and so available funds must be prioritised to getting results on the pitch.

weren't the Green Taverners doing something like this a few years ago?

May 3, 2007
Liskeard, Cornwall
Update: the club has now called me back and, as G4eva27 remarked, there are some students from the City College there now doing some of these tasks.
Progress will be reviewed when the relevant staff member has returned from annual leave and, should any further tasks be felt helpful then we may be asked to get our DIY etc skills out of their box!
Thanks for the positive response and keep on standby!

Graham Green

✨Pasoti Donor✨
May 26, 2010
Swindon
What do the Argyle Players do in the summer months? :D

Seriously would be good to rebuild the "Club" spirit. In the past I can remember turning out to pick stones from the then new training pitch. We also were called in to sweep the terraces between two close home matches (yes, terraces - told you it was in the past!) Both occasions were Saturday mornings I think and we were rewarded with a ticket.
As mentioned on other threads Luggy evoked the same "Chairman to Tea Lady" togetherness and the result spoke for itself.
Feeling a belonging to the club as opposed to a mere customer has been missing for me personally in the recent past.
Would dearly like it to return.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Green Rhino":28d54veg said:
Update: the club has now called me back and, as G4eva27 remarked, there are some students from the City College there now doing some of these tasks.
Progress will be reviewed when the relevant staff member has returned from annual leave and, should any further tasks be felt helpful then we may be asked to get our DIY etc skills out of their box!
Thanks for the positive response and keep on standby!
Happy to give up a day and help tidy up the place. Let me know.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Work going on today apparently....have a look at Chris Erringtons tweet

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Funny innit, somebody started a ppost about this very subject about 2-3 weeks ago and well and truly jumped on for moaning about the state of the place. Now suddenly its a good idea (which, of course, it is). :think:

Aug 10, 2006
can the club get some fencing from bond timber to run down the side behind the main stand / car park at least that would look a bit neater.