Brent talks to the BBC | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Brent talks to the BBC

Aug 22, 2006
It just goes to show that this appointment did take a long time in football terms. I know many posters were criticized for appearing impatient and to be fair it was mostly done in good spirits but you can understand why. Having said that although it's not rocket science (or something pioneering as such) I do prefer this approach.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
It's a great interview. I know some disagree but the club really is in good hands.

JimC

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
Sep 16, 2003
Málaga
Lundan Cabbie":15l677qz said:
I'm not too sure about the statement of, pay the players more and they will be better.

It means pay more wages, get in better players, not making the existing ones play better.

A

andyr1963

Long term thinking. :thumbs:

Stability. Boring I know, but I think my club is in safe hands. Still want a decent grandstand though.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
JimC":34wsjt6a said:
Lundan Cabbie":34wsjt6a said:
I'm not too sure about the statement of, pay the players more and they will be better.

It means pay more wages, get in better players, not making the existing ones play better.

He didn't say where the extra money is going to come from. :)

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
Not particularly great- a pretty standard interview that told us nothing new. Nothing bad, but nowt to wet yourself over.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Lundan Cabbie":klxw6k6a said:
JimC":klxw6k6a said:
Lundan Cabbie":klxw6k6a said:

He didn't say where the extra money is going to come from. :)

It was Simon Kuper who said it, not JB

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Some very trite points there, in part owing to some pretty average newsround journalism. Is there any pro club board who would fail basic level business studies not knowing these little things superficially? No.

Though I did like the concept of asking potential managers who might ignore or decline any contact. All they can say is no.

A specific though: How will the manager and/or any player who does succeed even wish to stay in the short term within our small pond? Do JB's other businesses have anywhere near that same degree of challenge around sustainability? N & N.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I note Tin Tin used the word 'amazing' and Womble used the same word just after.

Other than that, no one said anything was 'amazing'.

It's amazing how many times this happens on the Internet.

I am truly amazed!

Feb 25, 2007
St Blazey
Why are some worried about how long it took to interview? Surly best to try and get it right. Else the same people in 6 months would be saying, rushed into making the appointment and look what we've got now. Just because others make quick decisions dosnt mean it's right.