Reid to miss start of pre-season | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Reid to miss start of pre-season

Dec 8, 2011
We are going to have the old overweight reid for start of season then if hes missing pre season the positive is it gives brunt and harvey a chance to stake their claim. Imho Brunt is fully capable of banging in a couple and with the right service may not miss reid as much as first thought.

(Not slating reid in anyway in the post for those who will try and nit pick)

Feb 21, 2011
Lew1988":2sj64wfn said:
We are going to have the old overweight reid for start of season then if hes missing pre season the positive is it gives brunt and harvey a chance to stake their claim. Imho Brunt is fully capable of banging in a couple and with the right service may not miss reid as much as first thought.

not slating "overweight" Reid.
fwiw Brunt isn't anywhere near the class of a fit Reid, he may in time become a decent L2 forward but for now he is an impact sub.

Feb 13, 2004
Not where I should be.
Reid has increasingly looked like he has been stealing a living. Okay, i know he was allegedly carrying an injury since Exeter, but he has ALWAYS moaned if the ball is not inch perfect at his feet, doesn't run - well certainly not like Lewi did. And whilst there is a certain amount of the opposition closing him down and not allowing him to play, but he doesn't create anything. When he was dropped at Shrewsbury, we looked a much more dynamic and creative team unit.

No personal attack on Reuben, but he's not the player everyone perhaps thinks he is. Well, not in my opinion anyway.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Anyone that scores 20+ goals for two seasons is a decent player, end of.

I can see why people do get niggled with him though, he must be the most frustrating player to play alongside, always doing the 'head wobble' when the ball isn't at his feet, and gesticulating when the ball wasn't played to where he wanted it.

C

Cobi Budge.

BadBoy":3h9ycqwj said:
Lew1988":3h9ycqwj said:

not slating "overweight" Reid.
fwiw Brunt isn't anywhere near the class of a fit Reid, he may in time become a decent L2 forward but for now he is an impact sub.

I don't think he's that far away.

I know RR was injured toward the end of the season but Brunt did look more effective.

Obviously Reid is the better player but I get the feeling Brunt will provide him with the competition he needs this season.

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
Disappointing news but it's whatever is best to have him on top form for August. He might be the type to put on weight over the summer but he's also the type to work hard to get it all off again.

Dec 8, 2011
When he wasn't training he was putting on the weight you could see the difference. I'm just saying I'd rather him fit and firing in goals oct onwards and brunt is capable of holding his own.

Feb 21, 2011
Lew1988":60uui30o said:
When he wasn't training he was putting on the weight you could see the difference. I'm just saying I'd rather him fit and firing in goals oct onwards and brunt is capable of holding his own.
Yeah I want him fit and rearing to go to, because when he is there a few as good at this level, he's the only player fans of other clubs talked about /feared last season, I get the feeling DA is a harder task master than JS time will tell. I too hope that Brunt comes good as it will mean we are better as a squad but can you honestly see him getting 20+ goals if he played a full season, maybe in time but to me he looks more a 10+ goal work horse type, I hope to be proved wrong.

Jun 8, 2014
With no disrespect because I do like him, Ryan Brunt is absolutely not even close to a fit Reuben Reid.

When Brunt scores 41 goals in two seasons then maybe I'll believe it, but lets face it.. He's not going to. He's a battering ram to bring on to try and break down a stubborn defence, very little else.

Glad to see Reubs will be getting rest and recovery, he needs it.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The same could be said for Sir Thomas, he hardly scored a 'clean' goal, but who cares, the stats never lie.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Reuben Reid is the best goalscorer we have had in years and is still moaned about, you've got to love Argyle fans you really do.

Reuben is the player we have all been crying out for since the departure of forwards like BWP and SEB, 20 goals a season, not even those two could manage that for us and certainly not in consecutive seasons.

We will miss Reid, no doubt about it. The chances of us finding someone as good as him are slim, there certainly isn't a goalscorer who could match him on our books at present, certainly not one that brings as much to the table as Reuben does because unlike a lot of poachers, he does a lot more than put the ball in the net.

Jun 26, 2006
Lies , damn lies and statistics .
But of course Brunt hasn't had as many games in which to score those goals .
I want them both playing and scoring for us .
I think that Reuben Reid should still be able to do conditioning training of some sort ? Just avoid any contact stuff .

Feb 13, 2004
Not where I should be.
IJN":2aekv902 said:
The same could be said for Sir Thomas, he hardly scored a 'clean' goal, but who cares, the stats never lie.

What is it with you? Someone has a different opinion to you and they are immediately wrong?

If I don't like Reuben Reid as a player then that is up to me. I can explain why, but I don't expect everyone to agree with me. Similarly, if I think Nathan Thomas is a fine talent that has yet to be properly tapped, then that's my choice. If I choose to sponsor him at Argyle, then Motherwell and now Mansfield, that's none of your business. You have already described him on Twitter as a 'crap player' or words to that effect. But anyone who dares to actually not like Reuben Reid because he scored more than 40 goals over two seasons is wrong? bullpoo!