Gary Sawyer signs - confirmed | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Gary Sawyer signs - confirmed

Mar 19, 2004
Players I'd like it to be ..... O'connor : Busacky : Norris : Ebanks Blake : lavery

Players it's more likely to be :: youngs : Richards : Stephens (loan) : Harvey

Players it'll probably actually be : Blackman : Lasley (player coach) : reckord

:scarf:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Sawyer is an older and more experienced version of McHugh - good in the air at centre-back for someone not that tall with good positional sense, not quite so good at left-back with a lack of pace and a reluctance to overlap and get forward.

If true, it would mean we have four left sided defenders in Purrington, Hartley, McHugh and Sawyer, although the story from a few weeks ago was that Norwich were interested in Purrington.

Jan 27, 2012
Sawyer would be dirt cheap and is probably not wanted by other clubs so he would fit all of the criteria for a PAFC signing.

Jun 8, 2014
gaspargomez":3fhdg43v said:
Sawyer would be dirt cheap and is probably not wanted by other clubs so he would fit all of the criteria for a PAFC signing.

I fit those criteria as well but can't see Derek Adams ever going after me.

Do you ever have anything remotely positive to say?

Jan 27, 2012
Yes, its summer and Argyle are top of the table (jointly with a number of other League Two clubs). On the other hand, we are also joint bottom....

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
gaspargomez":11itf52h said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again... I've seen people deliberately trying to troll who talk more sense than you!

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
Anyway, I always thought Sawyer was an ok left back in the Championship, one of the better players in (admittedly) that poor team that got relegated.

Still only 30 next month so hopefully should be near his peak.

Aug 10, 2006
gaspargomez":3h40be91 said:
you carry on mate you are entitled to say what you want.

Mar 21, 2010
Plymouth
Experienced left back, plenty of games at league 1 and 2, would be a good signing in my opinion and a good role model for Ben Purrington.