Argyle player | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Argyle player

Dec 8, 2011
Debating signing up but not sure if it's worth it I go to all the games I can and when I can't I'm in work. My question is this is it worth paying the subscription for player interviews alone ? Most of the other clubs post theirs on YouTube

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Lew1988":2tdreiov said:
Debating signing up but not sure if it's worth it I go to all the games I can and when I can't I'm in work. My question is this is it worth paying the subscription for player interviews alone ? Most of the other clubs post theirs on YouTube

They are normally only tasters on YouTube. For the full versions you invariably need a subscription. Don't forget, you also get access to all the other FL sites as well as a few PL ones too.

Jul 19, 2014
Living away from Plymouth I can listen to live commentary of all Argyle games I'm not attending so Player is essential for me.

The best thing about Argyle Player though is the video highlights. Used to hate staying up late to watch Football League Show and your only reward is a 30 second round up and nothing much else. With Argyle Player you usually get at least around 5 minutes of game highlights the following day and more recently we've been getting extended highlights (around 15 -20 minutes) of home games a couple days later. Annoyingly, the extended highlights rarely have any commentary. Think we got extended highlights of Exeter away this year too!

Also, they keep archives for each season going back about 5 years... So not much to sing about for us Argyle fans really unless you want to relive multiple relegations and struggling to stay up!!! But think what great viewing our highlights archives will be 5 years from now when we're in the Prem!!!

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Yep, agree with the above. Absolutely essential for those of us living away from HP. I still get to plenty of games home and away, but what I lack in making use of the radio coverage it more than makes up for in video highlights and interviews. I'd complained before about the length and quality of the video highlights, as it was getting tediously poor. The length being no longer than the FLshow highlights and it genuinely looking like it had been filmed on a phone. But this recent season it's been superb with extended highlights (10mins+) offered after the majority of our home wins. Whether they took on feedback or not I don't know, but it's been great value for money.

Although, don't forget you don't need to stay up until the early hours now as the FL show has moved to Channel 5 and starts at 9pm. Will be interesting to see how they handle L1 & 2. Whether they actually respect it rather than rushing through it as the beeb did. I see Sky announced their live FL TV fixtures for the opening months, 13 Championship games (Leeds 3 times!), 2 League One and a single league two game (Bristol v Oxford bizarrely enough). So it's not just the BBC who had a totally distorted view of the FL.

Jul 19, 2014
I will say that the picture quality could be improved a lot, even the HQ option isn't great.

Where did you send your complaint? I'd like to suggest they start filming at least in 720p!

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
If you scroll to the bottom of the page there's a "contact us" link in tiny writing. They've upgraded the whole thing now, as its the same "player" set up across all FL clubs I believe. There's no option for low or high quality anymore, its all HD (apparently). Its improved massively to say the least, I'm happy with it now.

Dec 23, 2010
Plymouth
I seem to recall sometime ago that someone mentioned that Android devices were not able to play Argyle Player. Does anyone if that has been resolved or not. I tried to watch something just now on my Samsung tablet with no luck - I could log in but each item just kept on 'populating' and no final viewing.
If it has not been fixed can anyone please suggest who I may email to resolve the situation.

With all this optimism with new manager and players - COYG!!!

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
There is now an app for android available from the Google play store (or whatever it's called). Not exactly sure what it's called, I always had trouble finding it. But there's definitely an app that works.

Jul 19, 2014
No worries guys, very welcome!

I had no idea it was upgrading to HD until Spowell told me, haven't looked on Player at all since Wycombe at home, I was at Wycombe away and had absolutely no desire at all to re-live that game and haven't touched it since!

Lots of clubs use Player for their multimedia and you can log into other clubs with the same login and password.
Some fans seem to get a much better deal than others though, we only got 4 minutes or so of the Cup loss to Sheffield United last season, but some PASOTI member noticed if you logged onto Blades Player (or whatever Shef U call it) you could watch the whole 90 minutes. It would be nice to be able to view full Argyle games a day or 2 later, could even try to stay away from the result to watch the whole thing but listening to the game live has become a Saturday ritual that I look forward to all week so I doubt I could wait!

Also, my mate in work is a QPR fan, he said that on their Player they can watch all of their pre-season friendlies live!