Sam's Down | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Sam's Down

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
Evening Jon and all,

I'll be further elaborating on my reasons over the coming days but to cut a long story short it's so that I am able to devote more time and energy to my aspired career which I feel I haven't been able to do enough of recently for a number of reasons. However, I'm honoured to have served the AFT for so long. All's ok in my life, just feel that at the moment I need to re-balance a few things in life and the Trust is one of them.

Cheers for the kind wishes,

Sam.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Good luck Sam. The AFT will sorely miss you I'm sure.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Agreed Graham, Sam's one of the good guys.

Everyone has to prioritise at some stage and Sam has obviously decided to do just that.

Thanks for all you've done Sam.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
That's a pity but understandable, thanks Sam. :clap:

Will the AFT Samzine continue?

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Good luck Sam.

Just remember...the AFT doesn't pay the bills!!

:thumbs:

May 3, 2007
Liskeard, Cornwall
Good luck Sam and well done for your incredible commitment and work for the Trust since Day 1.

I am sure that the AFT will continue to provide a critical friend role around the club and that those in power at the club realise that the Trust will be here long after they have disappeared.

Dec 21, 2010
Sam has indeed been a great ambassador for both the club and the AFT. I don't want this to sound like a funeral elegy, as Sam isn't going anywhere and yes he will continue to support the fanzine and our fund raising. We tried to persuade him to stay on the board, but respect his decision and wish him well in his chosen career. Good luck mate.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
argyledad":1eoz5dp4 said:
Sam has indeed been a great ambassador for both the club and the AFT. I don't want this to sound like a funeral elegy, as Sam isn't going anywhere and yes he will continue to support the fanzine and our fund raising. We tried to persuade him to stay on the board, but respect his decision and wish him well in his chosen career. Good luck mate.

Sam has been a good ambassador,no question about that, and in my dealings with him over tickets and stuff, I have been extremely satisfied. However that does leave another vacancy on your board,which seems to turnover at an alarming rate.When you compare the AFT with other supporters groups the AFT committees over the years appear completely unstable.

oddball":2zk765f0 said:
argyledad":2zk765f0 said:

Sam has been a good ambassador,no question about that, and in my dealings with him over tickets and stuff, I have been extremely satisfied. However that does leave another vacancy on your board,which seems to turnover at an alarming rate.When you compare the AFT with other supporters groups the AFT committees over the years appear completely unstable.

Al - the ball is NOW in YOUR court.

Go and do it !!

Keep the Faith :scarf:

Jan 3, 2013
Good luck Sam, as it says above you were one of the good guys, not in it for yourself but for our club! Every success. The AFT will miss you I reckon

Oct 24, 2010
You've been a credit to yourself and the AFT Sam, good luck with your career.

Richard