Fair play to James Brent | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Fair play to James Brent

Dec 20, 2011
Its quite obvious that he and the board are fully supportive and are wholeheartedly assisting Derek and his back room staff in the reformation of the club

Here's hoping the DA and the club can reciprocate on the pitch in the coming season.

I feel it will be a very refreshing outlook at the club and looking forward to seeing the team improve from last year.

Reckon they'll be a few more twists and turns in the next couple of weeks :greensmile:

Sep 28, 2003
London
Agreed - with the slightly grumpy caveat that this is exactly what should be happening :twisted:

Looking forward to the start of the season already - just wish we could have some movement on that blimmin' Mayflower.

Dec 20, 2011
Agree Andy

Someone mentioned earlier that credit has to go to Adams as well. He seems to be able to attract players down to us when others miserably failed or didn't try hard enough.

A

ArgyleMatty1991

John Eldridge":2j176563 said:
Agree Andy

Someone mentioned earlier that credit has to go to Adams as well. He seems to be able to attract players down to us when others miserably failed or didn't try hard enough.

Yes keep em coming James! Adams seems to be able to sell the club well! Long may it continue.

A

andyr1963

Shame he hasn't got the money himself to devellope the Mayflower. Overall running of the club appears to be pretty good. We are stable and progressing, just not fast enough. :greensmile:

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Not his biggest fan and wasn't a big fan of his plans but big respect to him for making a potentially very shrewd appointment in Adams and quite clearly backing him.

Jul 3, 2013
Getting player like Banton off silly amounts of money for bench warming helps matters, Brent doesn't' have any money so I suspect the budget is not much different than last season.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Nope ....these players coming in are due to one man only and that's Adams. We were six players understrength already from last season so its not like any additional money has been provided. Now if we were to get a new grandstand or even a new Far Post Club then I would say fair play to James Brent...but we aren't so I won't.

Dec 20, 2011
How much do you think Banton was earning?? Surely not excess of £35,000?

Or am I so out of the loop with professional football pay scale a season?

N

NorfolkGreen

John Eldridge":3rop7cdr said:
How much do you think Banton was earning?? Surely not excess of £35,000?

Or am I so out of the loop with professional football pay scale a season?

£35k, do you mean a week or a year?

I like the look of all of the signings so far, we had a solid defence and now some exciting looking attacking talent. Keep the ball on the floor, play fast attacking passing football and they'll flood in.

:scarf:

Come on Bill Gates lets get the Bill Gates Mayflower built!

Sep 20, 2003
oddball":27hy0x82 said:
Nope ....these players coming in are due to one man only and that's Adams. We were six players understrength already from last season so its not like any additional money has been provided. Now if we were to get a new grandstand or even a new Far Post Club then I would say fair play to James Brent...but we aren't so I won't.

Who appointed Adams?
Who has backed him with the players coming in?

Dec 20, 2011
Honestly, I don't know....... what wages are our lads on fans pay a lot of money per week Banton on £1000 a week would be a lot of money for a poor footballer imho

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Wozzer":29necn0b said:
oddball":29necn0b said:

Who appointed Adams?
Who has backed him with the players coming in?

Wozzer ..... the board chose Adams,that's a fact,but its Adams that has signed the players,something that Sheridan found difficult,but Adams doesn't. Nothing to do with Brent personally.That's all down to Adams.
As for backing Adams,well Brent would have had to back whoever he chose.All Brent and indeed the board have done is allowed Adams to recruit players up to last season's budget. We only had 13 players signed on when Adams came in.... If Brent didn't back him and said No! thirteen is enough then we would have been up sh*t creek without a paddle. No transfer fees have been paid,so its as you were.I dont understand all this Brent hero worship

Dec 20, 2011
not hero worship oddball maybe folk realise that JB has had to pump ££££££££ into the club and willing to do again without fail.....

maybe I posted the obvious to you but I am 51 and old ....... but im trying to think maybe hope, our green future is greener

lighten up friend

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

This will be our fifth season under James Brent. If we finish in 7th (with more than 71 points) we'd have improved every season under his stewardship. If that isn't a job well done, I don't know what is!