Derek Adams on leaving Ross County | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Derek Adams on leaving Ross County

S

Sam Phillips

That made for interesting listening, I do like the way he comes across. Can't explain it but I've got a good feeling about the man.

Poolepilgrim

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 16, 2005
Okehampton
Totally agree, think he could be an excellent choice. Excited again about the season and having some good communication from the manager will help to really connect to the fan base. I like the idea that he will probably say as it is and upset a few opposing managers and teams!

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
esmer":2lmby2gq said:
He certainly talks a good game, but there again what manager doesn't.

John Sheridan

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Very to the point and honest.

How refreshing

May 3, 2007
Liskeard, Cornwall
I really like the combination of honesty, transparency and eloquence. Like this man more every time I hear him.

BTW, Ross County stayed up easily last season, presumably with the team he built.

"Will we beat (more resourced) teams with better players, no we will not... we do it by work hard...". That's us exactly.

The man expects loyalty too and criticism but only when backed up with evidence - should be quiet on here then.

May 22, 2006
Certainly seems to be a man with something to prove.

The concerns are how influential his father might have been at Ross County and can he do it by himself; will the players from Scottish leagues get homesick (was that a problem for Steve Crawford?); and should he prove successful, the length of his contract.

Otherwise reasons to be optimistic and have just taken 20/1 to win league; 9/2 for promotion. (Will probably go 25/1 if we lose first match away but like others above, feeling much more hopeful about next season than the past five/six/seven (losing count)).

Mar 11, 2008
Bsingstoke
Sometimes, it is a case of the right club at the right time as a manager. This feels right on every level. More optimistic going into the new season under DA than I have been for a very long time.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
From everything I have seen and heard before today I share the optimism about the new manager's appointment, with the caveat that at present there is little other than a feel good factor created by any new appointment. Having listened to the clip three times now I agree with posters above that here is a man blessed with eloquence and determination. However, there are three sides to every sacking - the outgoing manager's view, the chairman's view with the absolute truth sitting somewhere in between. The interviewer certainly did not ask the chairman all of the same questions he asked the manager so we did not get a balance there. I would have liked to have heard the chairman's view on the budget question. Only after that could we judge his transparency. A concern I have is that I am sure one of our chairman's suitability criteria was to do with the club in the community. In this interview Derek Adams could not have been more forthright in his views against that. However, was that because he took Ross County so far so quickly that he felt the club had outgrown the need for dependency on the community? Will he hold a different view while we are in Leagues 2 and 1? I also agree with pastiesforlife's concerns about his father's influence too. It could be that if we were to make an indifferent start Adams senior will be enlisted in a consultancy role? And if that were the case, and he was half as successful as John Deehan was a few seasons ago, then I for one would support such a move.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
I wouldn't call our other managers dishonest, as is stated above. That seems a real stretch of history.

Was confused on the DA loyalty bit. Ok for him to scurry off to hibs but not ok for county to get rid of someone underperforming and crucially who refused to work to the club's strategy. Self awareness at its best.