International Clearance? | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

International Clearance?

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
There is a small piece in the WMNs today regarding Luggy's latest Scottish acquisition for Yeovil being a former Rangers' player. It goes on about the transfer not being completed with the Football League until 'international clearance' is received. For some reason this issue has not 'raised its' head' in any of PAFC's press releases on the recent signings? Perhaps they have been working on them longer than we realise and the administration is already completed?

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Might be a non-european player I suspect or someone with a visa issue.

Would make me chuckle if someone needs international clearance from across the border. :lol:

Mike Greening

♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Aug 2, 2008
Emu":1l9931c6 said:
Might be a non-european player I suspect or someone with a visa issue.

Would make me chuckle if someone needs international clearance from across the border. :lol:

Might be a possibility in the near future with those Scottish MP's Cod & Haddock. :greensmile:

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Our players coming in from Scotland do/did need international clearance as they are officially changing country. They will not be allowed to return to Scottish football before July 2016 as you can't change country more than once per season.

One of Luggy's imports was allowed to return to Scotland around Christmas of his first year as his wife wanted to go home. Argyle and he had to get special agreement from UEFA (or possibly FIFA) (on compassionate grounds IIRC)

Jul 4, 2015
I think it will be less the changing country and a lot more the player Yeovil are looking at is Belil Mohsni. A Tunisian who Sturrock had at Southend between '10-13. You know he is a fan of players he has already worked with.

Being a Tunisian national he would clearly be subject to international clearance for being a non-EU player.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
MadAgain":23g26lk8 said:
I think it will be less the changing country and a lot more the player Yeovil are looking at is Belil Mohsni. A Tunisian who Sturrock had at Southend between '10-13. You know he is a fan of players he has already worked with.

Being a Tunisian national he would clearly be subject to international clearance for being a non-EU player.

I regret to advise you are mistaken. Luggy is signing a young striker from Rangers named Jamie Burrows. Born in Jersey he has been a youth player with them since 2011.

Jul 4, 2015
Quintrell_Green":2yp4xul1 said:
MadAgain":2yp4xul1 said:

I regret to advise you are mistaken. Luggy is signing a young striker from Rangers named Jamie Burrows. Born in Jersey he has been a youth player with them since 2011.

It seems I am wrong on that score but you do highlight why he needs international clearance. Jersey is and Independant State and not part of the UK and has a "relationship" with Europe but again is not a part of it. He needs to work in the UK for 5 years uninterrupted in order to gain his free movement rights.

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
It's not about his nationality.

"FIFA Regulations governing the Status and Transfer of Players require National Associations to issue an International Transfer Certificate for any player over the age of 12 who is moving from one National Association to another, including UK borders."