Squad Numbers | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Squad Numbers

Don't think we need another keeper although it would be odd to have no one allocated as No.1

Definitely a sign we're getting another midfielder/forward though if 8 is blank. Maybe the Michael Chopra rumour will come true?

M

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
I can't see another 'keeper coming in unless on short term loan. Looks like Derek is a traditionalist with regards to numbers. I would expect to see the number 8 shirt filled at least this week (no inside knowledge). Hartley's is an interesting one - I thought he was wedded to his previous number from his days at other clubs.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Blimey, beyond that first 11 there's almost no strength in depth.

Yet.. :scarf:

Jun 8, 2014
Mark Pedlar":38ky6vn6 said:
I can't see another 'keeper coming in unless on short term loan. Looks like Derek is a traditionalist with regards to numbers. I would expect to see the number 8 shirt filled at least this week (no inside knowledge). Hartley's is an interesting one - I thought he was wedded to his previous number from his days at other clubs.

A traditionalist wouldn't usually give a defensive midfielder number 7 though, to be fair..

A

ArgyleGarg0yle

Martin_Brock":1rvlzz9c said:
Don't think we need another keeper although it would be odd to have no one allocated as No.1

Definitely a sign we're getting another midfielder/forward though if 8 is blank. Maybe the Michael Chopra rumour will come true?

M

I agree, I wouldn't get in another 'keeper either, just found it strange that the '1' is vacant, when you consider Bitts took it last year. Just making an observation.

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
This has taken me by surprise a bit! McHugh taking 4, Hartley taking 6 and Cox moving to 7 all seemed a bit strange, and then Bittner seems to have left number 1 vacant for the season. Sawyer has number 3 from Purrington, then Carey will wear 10, Wylde 11 and Jevis 14.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Paven":dbolh20j said:
Mark Pedlar":dbolh20j said:

A traditionalist wouldn't usually give a defensive midfielder number 7 though, to be fair..

True - but if you play 4-5-1 then I would put 4 and 7 as your defensive midfielders with 9,10,11 up top/wide. Number 8 your attacking midfielder.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Steel Panther":28mjfrvw said:
Martin_Brock":28mjfrvw said:

M

I agree, I wouldn't get in another 'keeper either, just found it strange that the '1' is vacant, when you consider Bitts took it last year. Just making an observation.

I would. Bittner isn't adequate cover, so no doubt we'd get a young loanee in if the situation arose that Luke couldn't play (almost happened last season, and he had a long stretch out the year before - luckily we had Cole). Might as well get a cheap youngster in for ourselves, Luke's not getting any younger and its a chance to give Luke an understudy and Bittner some greater coaching importance.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
spowell92":2tqr1770 said:
Steel Panther":2tqr1770 said:
Martin_Brock":2tqr1770 said:

M

I would. Bittner isn't adequate cover, so no doubt we'd get a young loanee in if the situation arose that Luke couldn't play (almost happened last season, and he had a long stretch out the year before - luckily we had Cole). Might as well get a cheap youngster in for ourselves, Luke's not getting any younger and its a chance to give Luke an understudy and Bittner some greater coaching importance.

Thing to do in League 1 or when your coffers look healthier I would have thought. As you say Bittner to cover Luke in a one off if he gets injured in a game then some Premiership 3rd choice to cover if injury is longer.