Are we a top 7 team in League 2? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Are we a top 7 team in League 2?

• Thread starter argylefaninwales
  • Start date
A

argylefaninwales

With a new manager and players who are more forward attacking.
Do you think we will finish in the top 7?
a poll would be nice if poss, please.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
No one knows though do they.

Bookies, Argyle fans, Derek Adams or the players.

We are in for a little big and roller coaster ride that's for sure.

How do I know? It's the same every single season!

A

andyr1963

Last time I was this confident about a season approaching was the summer of 2001
The Championship please, automatic promotion will do, a play-off place a disappointment.
Have backed Argyle at various prices 14 out to 18 /1 will be backing them as certs for promotion closer to the season kick off in some accumulators.

Cmon you greens. :scarf:

Jul 12, 2011
Mountwise Plymouth
No-one could answer that question at this very stage but I must admit I feel a lot more confident about this season than I have about previous seasons and it really feels like we have a proper management team this time around. I like the fact that Brewster is a long side to add his experience and also his ideas if during a game things aren't going to plan whereas Shez didn't have that and only really had reasonable inexperienced coaches.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Great to see the optimism but with new management and a new team I fear it could take a while for things to gel whereas some other teams will have greater stability carried over from last season.
If we are in the top 10 at the end of October then I think we will have a very good season and certainly finish in the top 7.

Ideally we need to get off to a flyer and go straight on a run to build early confidence.
If we do that we will WIN the league.

All that said I was fairly optimistic about last year

C

Cobi Budge.

I just worry that if we make a slow start, people will be saying "here we go again" and turning on the manager/players/board etc.

The team might take a bit of time to gel. He's said it and I feel like he means it when Derek says he's building more than just a first team.

That said, this is the most excited I've been for a season in a long time, I'm certainly far more enthusiastic than I know I'd be if JS was still in charge.

Aug 3, 2008
Plymouth
Cobi Budge.":tb2l9p8l said:
I just worry that if we make a slow start, people will be saying "here we go again" and turning on the manager/players/board etc.

The team might take a bit of time to gel. He's said it and I feel like he means it when Derek says he's building more than just a first team.

That said, this is the most excited I've been for a season in a long time, I'm certainly far more enthusiastic than I know I'd be if JS was still in charge.

The trouble is that it will take a while for the new players to gel. So don't judge the team on the first few games.

By the way Paddy Power offering 7 to 4 on Argyle finishing in top 7.

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
We have to strengthen central midfield drastically before I would consider us capable of even replicating last season's 7th place. Very happy with the acquisitions so far, but we look very short on numbers in midfield, and also steel. Cox is a decent holding midfield player, but I wouldn't see him as first choice for this season, while Wylde and Carey look exciting, attacking additions. But with O'Connor going I think we need 2 strong, athletic central midfield players, one holding, one orchestrating. Without these I can see us being totally overrun in midfield areas, something that was a problem even with the numbers we had in there last year (Cox, O'Connor, Blizzard, B.Reid, Lee). I know DA is working on it, but will be a lot happier when the gaping hole in our midfield is plugged.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
So far everything the new boss is putting on place seems very positive but to answer the OP's question, it isn't just about what Argyle can do but what is happening elsewhere and Derek Adams can't affect that until battles commence.

Jun 8, 2014
This wont be one of the stronger years of League 2 football I think, so I would like to think we can manage top 7. I do really think we can get the play-offs at least but if we do then I'm certain it wont be in the same sort of way that it happened last season.