First team squad | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

First team squad

Sep 25, 2010
Still think, we are still sort of personal in the first team squad, probably need 4 more to complete the squad

There are currently 20 players

We could do with another backup keeper, as Bittner still seems a little as a backup keeper for Luke, as he was injured on tuesday.

Still short in midfield, for a replacement for O'Connor and Blizzard, is McHugh the answer ?
Plus another backup midfielder for the promising Wylde, Carey and Simpson

Also feel we need another supporting forward as Smalley is out till November/December (so the squad is only 19),
as backup for Reid/Brunt/Jervis/Harvey

Think we need a squad of 24.

Feb 8, 2005
24? You'll be lucky. We've got players that can fill in other positions if necessary. Two loans at the most will leave us with sufficient, with the ability to bring in others if really necessary.

We're div II not Championship!

Sep 25, 2010
jimsing":33og9uua said:
24? You'll be lucky. We've got players that can fill in other positions if necessary. Two loans at the most will leave us with sufficient, with the ability to bring in others if really necessary.

At times we had a lot morethan 24 under Sheridan last year with his loans.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Martyn":1s2rf010 said:
jimsing":1s2rf010 said:

Because he didn't trust his permanent staff. Quality not quantity will get results, we can only play 14 at most on any match day.

Apr 1, 2009
People bang on about youth not getting a chance, then demand endless new signings to cover any eventuality. A smaller squad will mean youth talent getting more opportunities.

Sep 20, 2005
Stockholm
Can someone tell me what Ryan Lane's position is and why he isn't being mentioned around the first team squad? Is he still an apprentice?

If he's a RM (which I seem to remember, but may be wrong) and is good enough to be a back up, I think we only really need one more CM - probably as competition for Lee Cox.

Sep 25, 2010
Ade the green":1vzygukr said:
Martyn":1vzygukr said:
jimsing":1vzygukr said:

Because he didn't trust his permanent staff. Quality not quantity will get results, we can only play 14 at most on any match day.

But I am talking about a squad for all the season

can anyone tell me how our squad size compares with Luggy's first two seasons. I seem to recall lots of complaints about the size of t he squad, but he held firm in the belief that quality was more critical than quality, and results certainly proved him right.

Feb 8, 2005
Martyn":19739wxl said:
Ade the green":19739wxl said:
Martyn":19739wxl said:
jimsing":19739wxl said:

The "Squad" numbers will change according to circumstances, and will vary in personnel from time to time, dependant on injuries, suspensions, etc etc etc.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Martyn":1vljzcue said:
Ade the green":1vljzcue said:
Martyn":1vljzcue said:
jimsing":1vljzcue said:

But you don't start the season having laid all your cards on the table. The season will develope no doubt and it won't be a straight cantor to the tape.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
2 versatile loan players should do it. 1 left and 1 right footed midfielder who can ideally play central and out wide and were complete.

Jun 18, 2015
Need a couple of midfielders preferably a right winger and a central player that is versatile in a few positions like Lee Hodges did and also a backup keeper as bittner is awful