White membership | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

White membership

Nov 13, 2010
Wiltshire
Hi can anyone explain how white membership works. Do I get an allocated seat, and do I need to choose the 6 games when I buy. Also if I was to buy over the phone would I be able to use the membership for buying away tickets straight away.

Thanks for any help

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
You don't get an allocated seat and you don't choose the 6 games on the day of purchase. You receive your membership card like an other membership however rather than all 23 games yours is loaded with 6 tokens which can be exchanged for tickets throughout the season, these can be exchanged for any 6 home tickets; the seats and/or the games you wish to attend are entirely your choice and can be exchanged as late at the box office on game day.

The 6 games include home fixtures only, they cannot be exchanged for away tickets. However you do get second priority after green members to purchase cup or away tickets for the big games.

Hope this helps :thumbs:

Jul 29, 2010
Wot 'ee said, plus...

You can use as many or as few as you want on any given game and if, say, you've only got two left but want to take a party of four you'll be able to sit together, you'll just get charged for the two extra.

Tickets can be collected on the day. However if like me you've got a long drive and might be cutting it fine or want to spend your pre-game chillin' and not queuing they will post them in advance.

If you're doing this though tell them when you first get through because they have to add postage. This you have to pay and because it involves a credit card transaction you'll have to pay for that too :roll:

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
X Isle":2iveg19i said:
Wot 'ee said, plus...

You can use as many or as few as you want on any given game and if, say, you've only got two left but want to take a party of four you'll be able to sit together, you'll just get charged for the two extra.

Tickets can be collected on the day. However if like me you've got a long drive and might be cutting it fine or want to spend your pre-game chillin' and not queuing they will post them in advance.

If you're doing this though tell them when you first get through because they have to add postage. This you have to pay and because it involves a credit card transaction you'll have to pay for that too :roll:

When you book the individual matches, why can they not just put the "ticket" on your membership card for actuation at the turnstile and just inform you of your seat number by e-mail of text? It seems that this would be easier all round and cheaper to administer too.

Jul 29, 2010
Maybe they can, i've never asked and hell would have to have frozen over before it was an option i'd ever want. There's far too much newfangled technology in the world as it is.

Give me a piece of paper called a ticket and a surly old janner turnstile operator every time. Modernity can stuff it's 'virtual world' up it's virtual orifice...sideways!

Jul 12, 2011
Mountwise Plymouth
Lundan Cabbie":14uq31ar said:
X Isle":14uq31ar said:
Wot 'ee said, plus...

When you book the individual matches, why can they not just put the "ticket" on your membership card for actuation at the turnstile and just inform you of your seat number by e-mail of text? It seems that this would be easier all round and cheaper to administer too.

You can. If you book a game using your white membership online you can choose your seat and get a confirmation email and select the option to add the match to your card which can then be used on the turnstiles.

Jul 29, 2010
Good news for techies then.

And hopefully enough of us will stick with tradition to keep printers and posties in work too :wink:

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
X Isle":3h53b06i said:
Good news for techies then.

And hopefully enough of us will stick with tradition to keep printers and posties in work too :wink:

I think the Printers' Union gave up on keeping football tickets within their domain many years ago.

Sep 13, 2003
X Isle":30xbko8u said:
Wot 'ee said, plus...

I have had the white membership the past three years and never had to pay any form of postage charge.

Jul 29, 2010
Interesting Clarke, I'll use that next time, maybe i've just been unlucky and happened to get put through to the jobsworth wing of the ticket office :think:

Either that or..."infamy, infamy, they've all got it infamy" :lol:

I've never challenged it, I can afford it, Argyle have needed the money in recent years and as i've said I prefer to have a ticket in my wallet before I set off. It's always niggled me though, I mean, it's a 14 hour/450 mile/£100+ day for me. Is a 50p stamp and a bit of goodwill really too much to ask?

Clearly not it now seems, thanks :thumbs:

P

pafcstafford

White memberships aint worth it i just looked its 115 for games which works out around 19 so when you consider normal game costs 20 is it really worth it

Jul 29, 2010
If it were purely the economics of match tickets then probably not, definitely not if you have to have your membership package sent to you as that's something like a fiver by recorded delivery.

For me, and I accept if analysed closely it's a bit lame, having a membership card in my wallet makes me feel more of a part of it all. Plus if we ever have a big away tie in a cup run I have a better run at getting tickets than non members.

Depends if identity and 'insurance' have an additional value to folk I guess.

Gloucester Green

Cream First
♣️ Shire Greens
Sep 18, 2010
Gloucester
X Isle":1axd54nz said:
If it were purely the economics of match tickets then probably not, definitely not if you have to have your membership package sent to you as that's something like a fiver by recorded delivery.

For me, and I accept if analysed closely it's a bit lame, having a membership card in my wallet makes me feel more of a part of it all. Plus if we ever have a big away tie in a cup run I have a better run at getting tickets than non members.

Depends if identity and 'insurance' have an additional value to folk I guess.

You only save £1 a game but get 2nd priority on away and cup tickets which for the opening game at Wimbledon is worth it's weight in gold. Added to the fact you get discount in the shop if that is your bag and you have already paid out for games when money gets tight mid season i.e. Boxing Day fixture

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
X'y.....A white membership when it was first introduced offered a significant discount as opposed to paying for six matches individually,and was a good buy,also when we were in the CCC and entered the FA Cup in round 3 it gave you second dibs on a ticket and was a good buy....now none of those conditions apply and a white membership,in my opinion I must stress,is a waste of money. Far better to just turn up on the day.