Reading U21s - what's a good result? | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Reading U21s - what's a good result?

Mar 21, 2008
As per the title, difficult to know what to expect in terms of standard for this friendly, the result is perhaps arguably irrelevant as it's a friendly and a failure in preseason doesn't neccessarily indicate a poor season and vice versa

That being said, would a win be considered a win against a supposedly 'better' team, or is a loss to a team of U21s a disappointing result against a team that should be inferior to the first team of a football league side?

Sep 8, 2013
I reckon it is more about our performance. I have absolutely no idea regarding the strength of Reading's U21 team (or if they will strengthen it with a couple of their more senior players to give them match time) but for me the most important thin will be to see our shape, fitness and style of play and also to see how the new signings and our existing players blend. There are still a couple of weeks before the season begins. But, of course, a convincing performance tomorrow will excite us for the season ahead. If Reading are strong I would settle for a draw, even a narrow defeat. If weak, however, I would expect something quite different.

Greenford":15dzcsgu said:
4 or 5 nil
Which way?

I reckon few goals either way, younger teams tend to put more away but concede more, so depends on how strong our defence is on the day. Maybe a testing of Nelson at RB could be good, but am reckoning a high score draw/narrow win

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
Sam Pocock":2i3p4ak8 said:
90 minutes under our belts with no injuries.
And seeing a few corners get farther than the near post!