No programs. | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

No programs.

Feb 25, 2007
St Blazey
Anyone else slightly annoyed that Argyle made no effort to make a small program for yesterday's friendly. It didn't need to be anything fancy. Couple pages inside a cover. Would have been nice to read the new managers thoughts and read something about our new players. As this is the only home pre season friendly I found that very poor. I went along yesterday as I happened to be in Plymouth but to charge 8 quid for an adult and a fiver for my 12 year old daughter who read a book for 90 minutes dosnt encourage people to turn up on the day. They really to look at how they encourage people to attend.

ChepstowGreen

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
♣️ SWAG Member
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 1, 2006
Yes, that's poor. Even if it's a cost neutral venture, or a slight loss leader, the fans who turn up should at the very least be given the opportunity to get a small programme if they want one, I completely agree.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Argyle usually do one programme between the two home preseason games we normally get as I recall, I guess with it being a game against a reserve team, only one fixture and at pretty short notice in the end that the decision was made that it wouldn't be worth the effort of preparing one.

Jun 8, 2014
Maybe they just thought that because up until now, everything about the friendly was so amateur then it was only fair that the match experience echoed that as well?

Sep 8, 2013
Didn't bother me that there was no programme. The match was reward in itself. Very enjoyable. No need to incur expense unnecessarily.

Mar 8, 2009
Hampshire
The club sometimes do those "postergramme" but they're only ever usually information on the opposition, which we didn't know until about 2 o'clock on Saturday.

I know the friendly programmes are often the ones that are difficult for collectors to find years later, so it would have been a good opportunity for them, but it wouldn't have been much use to anybody else, to be honest.

Jul 23, 2008
St.Austell
Might it be that they had to print a minimum amount set by the printers and felt they wouldn't sell enough to make it worth their while?

Whilst I normally buy a program, I wasn't particularly bothered given that it was only a pre-season game against a championship youth side.

Feb 25, 2007
St Blazey
But it only needed to be a quid. And only a small effort. Nothing that would incur a cost to the club. It's just something to remember who played that day and see what our new signings were about etc. Even a chance to advertise the new season and the August fixtures including the cheaper tickets for our cup match.

Feb 9, 2013
A small number of photocopied teamsheets were available in the VIP lounges - I guess these will become collectors items.

Jul 29, 2010
Another day, another example of the Argyle summer of rip-offs/austerity. This is a new low though.

As a former programme collector I can't recall there was a single home fixture where no programme was produced. My collection went back to the late 50's but the detailed records produced by Sparksy's Argyle programme collectors club covered rarities in great detail.

Some games unexpectedly sold out, at rearranged games they either used the original programme or produced a new one making the original very rare, but there were always small pamphlet versions for the friendlies. Heck even non-league clubs manage to put something out.

Obsessive collectors are few and far between but a lot of folk like to have a programme from every game they've been to. I know i'd have been highly annoyed if I'd been there. It was a first team fixture, and Del Bhey's first game at HP to boot.

Poor effort from Argyle. It didn't have to be much but AFAIK it breaks a tradition going back to the early days of the club, probably well over a century.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
X Isle":jt2zcjqj said:
Another day, another example of the Argyle summer of rip-offs/austerity. This is a new low though.

As a former programme collector I can't recall there was a single home fixture where no programme was produced. My collection went back to the late 50's but the detailed records produced by Sparksy's Argyle programme collectors club covered rarities in great detail.

Some games unexpectedly sold out, at rearranged games they either used the original programme or produced a new one making the original very rare, but there were always small pamphlet versions for the friendlies. Heck even non-league clubs manage to put something out.

Obsessive collectors are few and far between but a lot of folk like to have a programme from every game they've been to. I know i'd have been highly annoyed if I'd been there. It was a first team fixture, and Del Bhey's first game at HP to boot.

Poor effort from Argyle. It didn't have to be much but AFAIK it breaks a tradition going back to the early days of the club, probably well over a century.

Took me 10mins to work out what AFAIK meant!
Bleddy Twitter-speak. :)

For what it's worth, I agree with you about the programme. Even a folded up piece of A4 with the team lineups on it would have sufficed.
How long does it take to photocopy 1000 A4 pieces of paper and sell for say 15p each?

P

Positively Green

I took along 4 copies of the current Squad List (Argyle only) to the game. I still have one very crumpled and ripped one. If anyone is interested to add to their collection - it's yours - for say - £100. Would give the proceeds to AFT. :scarf: :lol:

Jul 29, 2010
Kevin Pedlar":360klbg5 said:
Jeez. Glad to see the "I'm not happy unless I'm moaning" brigade are still around alive and kicking.

Likewise the 'bend over and take it in silence' brigade.

It's taking care of the little things that let fans know their club gives a schitt about them. So far this summer's list of penny pinching and lack of care is quite alarming.