Unbeaten Pre Season !!!! | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Unbeaten Pre Season !!!!

Mar 27, 2013
BIDEFORD NORTH DEVON
After being At Torquay tonight - it's work in progress

Good to see a clean sheet tonight & 1-0 Win - we are unbeaten Pre season

Onto Forest Green Rovers on Friday as we prepare for AFC Wimbledon Sat 8th August

Not making any bold statements for the New season

Start of a New Era :thumbs:

Jun 18, 2015
Whilst its not against the highest quality teams its fair to say I am more excited this season with Derek Adams in charge than if we still had Sheridan in charge as others have mentioned before I think it was kind of a blessing in disguise we lost the play offs because it meant Sheridan walking away. Hopefully it is the start of a new era whilst you dont want to get too much ahead of yourselves I have a feeling it could be the start of something special under Derek Adams

Feb 8, 2005
Pre-season results mean nothing.

Pre-season is all about getting the players match fit and ready for the start of the league season.

Although it's nice to not have lost a pre season fixture....yet, it means nothing, especially against the teams we have been playing.

Preparing for the league is what it is all about.

Be excited but do not expect this team to gel straight away, half of the team have never played against second division opponents before and will not know what to expect.

It will be a steep learning curve for some, expect us to peak in the second half of the season, providing we can keep all players fit and free from injury.

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Very Hansen-esque that Jimsing ;)

I expect come January the purse strings will be loosened if we require a couple of extra players for the second part of the season.

Apr 28, 2013
Could have done with a Swansea this year though... that would prepare us for the season! It's very hard to tell how we're going to compare against proper teams!

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
jimsing":30im58zg said:
Pre-season results mean nothing.

:iagree:

Literally nothing. If anything, it's better to lose a few so you can address your weaknesses and aren't complacent for the first proper game.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
The first game will be a shock for sure.
Not sure complacency is the right word however Hopefully not the 5-1 of summer '94.

Sad to see Reuben effectively bad mouthing Sheridan. If and when there's a better start to a season than that of last year, then maybe that would be a better time for the likes of him to peddle that piddle.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Truro City 1 Argyle Xl 1 FT Lane scoring for Argyle

Feb 21, 2011
Gary_Wills":12x0dllg said:
The first game will be a shock for sure.
Not sure complacency is the right word however Hopefully not the 5-1 of summer '94.

Sad to see Reuben effectively bad mouthing Sheridan. If and when there's a better start to a season than that of last year, then maybe that would be a better time for the likes of him to peddle that piddle.
If you think that's bad mouthing you must be a very sensitive soul.

C

Cobi Budge.

I don't know why people are complaining, personally found Reuben's BBC article to be a breath of fresh air, would you rather he said "Yeah, the former manager was excellent, the current one is meh, everyone's a bit down and I don't really like the formation we'll play".

It's irrelevant whether he's digging at JS or not, Reuben shouldn't have been played after the Exeter game, that was a damaging decision from Sheridan, and yes, we were too one dimensional, that's a fact.

It's good to hear that RR is fit and raring to go, and it's good to see the players are adapting to (and liking) the new manager's way of operating.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Ottawa Green":3v43g15p said:
Truro City 1 Argyle Xl 1 FT Lane scoring for Argyle

It was actually Rooney with the goal, the announcer at Truro must have been given the wrong set of numbers for Argyle as he got the names wrong a few times.