Reuben - to Pompey (Cook - "No deal") | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Reuben - to Pompey (Cook - "No deal")

Jun 14, 2004
Saltash
There is a rumour going around with some of my Pompey mates that Portsmouth are in talks and interested in signing Reuben to link up with Tubbs , they know we are skint and think it is a done deal...... really hope this is not the case and is just Pompey fans spreading a rumour and that is all it is .

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
The rumour went round that he was training with them yesterday which couldn't have happened as he was on a coach with the rest of our players on his way to Forest Green.

As for being skint, we aren't that skint, we can certainly afford to turn down whatever they can afford, they aren't exactly rolling in it which they'd have to be for us to sell him to another L2 team.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Was also told today through a Pompey sponsor that Reid was there yesterday morning so still possible he could have been on the coach that arrived at FGR 7 hours later even if he didn't board it in Plymouth. Very sceptical myself as it could easily have been another player mistaken for Reid. Can't agree with Ollie about our ability to turn down even a couple of hundred thousand for a player in the final year of his contract. The playing budget appears no more, possibly slightly less than last year even unless a decent sum is set aside for later in the season. I am sure Pompey having turned their finances around relatively well could manage that sort of fee on their gates for another 20 goal a season striker. IF it were to happen I am sure there would be outrage from most of the fanbase selling to a promotion rival but hypothetically I suppose Jervis could be the main central striker and it would free up some funds to strengthen a couple of other positions. It would surprise me as if Reid was to have gone to Pompey why not last summer when he had the chance playing in a negatively set up Argyle team? With the emphasis on attack this season he could net a shed load this season and earn himself an even better deal next summer.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Can't see it happening

Jun 13, 2005
Sunderland
Working in Havant, with a lot of Pompey fans I can say the total mentions of Reuben over the last few days or even weeks has been......zero, zip, nadda, nothing. If there was any foundation to this rumour they would love to be gloating about it

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Boco is training with Pompey, so is this a mixed up rumour from Pompey fans?

Mar 23, 2008
Doubt they could afford him, no-one could in our league. He must be on a good wage and he must be worth a least £150k even with a year to run on his contract.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Deacster":20qkbitx said:
Doubt they could afford him, no-one could in our league. He must be on a good wage and he must be worth a least £150k1.5m even with a year to run on his contract.

You made a mistake on your figure so fixed it for you, no need to thank me :thumbup:

Jul 27, 2011
St Austell
spowell92":395ufa9l said:
Deacster":395ufa9l said:
Doubt they could afford him, no-one could in our league. He must be on a good wage and he must be worth a least £150k1.5m even with a year to run on his contract.

You made a mistake on your figure so fixed it for you, no need to thank me :thumbup:

He's not worth that, even in his prime. I'd say he's worth £300,000 or so considering his contract length. Anybody know how much he went to West Brom for when he was 22 (I think)?

Jun 14, 2004
Saltash
Pompey have released Paul Robinson to free up wages to sign Reuben is what Pompey fans are saying , there manger Cook has made signing a top striker his priority.
Tubbs may even be allowed to leave Pompey to make way, hope this is not going to happen..............but the way our manager is praising Jervis I guess it could happen and give Argyle some funds to expand the squad....

:thumbdown: