• Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Clinton Morrison on Talksport

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
It is not often I listen to Talksport late in the evening but I was travelling last night and had it on in the car. It turned out to be an interesting 20 minutes. Presenter Danny Kelly had Clinton Morrison as a guest and he had quite a lot to say about Argyle fans who give him grief on Twitter. He started by saying how good Tisdale is to work for and how astute a coach he is. He said he had been training with City but did not know if he would be playing for them. When asked by Kelly about the "Devon Derby" he confirmed how big and important it was. He then added that he hoped Plymouth get relegated and do not win a game all season! I thought he sounded genuinely bitter and twisted. Under questioning from Kelly he admitted that the Twitter rants from Argyle fans involves only about 12 to 15 people, but added that it was the nastiness and personal nature of them that upset him. "Some of it really does cross a line." As Kelly said - "easy way out Clinton, block them." Then Kelly went on to say that he had a soft spot for Argyle. He explained that his Dad worked on the Great Western Railway buffet cars and during the school holidays took him on a sleeper trip from Paddington to Plymouth. "I ate shark on the Hoe" (yes, that is what he said) "and my Dad took me to Home Park to see a game in the afternoon. So all in all, a very interesting little journey, on the way home from an old Argyle fan's 70th Wedding Anniversary celebration - yes 70th!

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
We do seem to have a contingent of 12 year old keyboard warriors on Twitter. A few even turned on Marvin Morgan in a sort of similar manner, and he was our own player.

I sympathise with Clinton Morrison on that front. Saying that, he did give it large when they equalised at their place and I loved it when we put him in his place when we won (3-1 btw, Clinton).

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
I think his dislike of Argyle goes before he joined City.
The number of times he spat the dummy out at Home Park when playing for Palace....

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
The bloke has always been a bit of a plank, I remember when he came down here with Coventry back when we were in the Championship. He spent the whole game appealing for fouls, moaning at officials, moaning at his team mates and acting very childish (to the delight of the Green Army who had found their target for the game), eventually he got so wound up he ended up getting himself sent off much to all of our delight.

I don't condone bullying on the internet in any form but as Liam says his on pitch antics when we played them last year don't help, he's not from Exeter or an Exeter fan in fact it was probably the first time he played us in an Exeter shirt but there he was celebrating like a mad thing in front of the Green Army despite not even scoring the goal himself.

I've seen him have an unprovoked pop at Argyle fans on Twitter in the past, calling for us to be relegated on the radio does him no favours either, he's the sort of bloke who seems to welcome this sort of confrontation. I haven't seen what Argyle fans say about him but having seen other players abused on Twitter they're rarely blameless in it all (Marvin Morgan a prime example of that), so to go on the radio playing the injured party seems a bit much especially as Kelly mentioned there is always the option to bloke an abusive person.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Liam's right though. There is a bunch of young trolls on Twitter that make me embarrassed to be an Argyle fan.

Banter is one thing but wishing people dead is quite another.

Jul 7, 2005
Emu":2r8uxb2m said:
I think his dislike of Argyle goes before he joined City.
The number of times he spat the dummy out at Home Park when playing for Palace....

Taxi for Emu! :)

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
IJN":15969gq0 said:
Liam's right though. There is a bunch of young trolls on Twitter that make me embarrassed to be an Argyle fan.

Most definitely and as much as I dislike Morrison on the field, it takes a certain kind of nasty individual to constantly threaten and abuse someone over a game of football. The bloke is a numpty whose attitude doesn't help him but he's not the cause, the sad little element of our on-line fan-base are the vast majority of whom would run a mile if Morrison was put in front of them.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
IJN":1m3m001c said:

It pathetic and shouldn't have any bearing on the remaining 99% of supporters.

Complete idiots.

Jul 29, 2010
Ollieargyle9":25na7iro said:
The bloke has always been a bit of a plank, I remember when he came down here with Coventry back when we were in the Championship. He spent the whole game appealing for fouls, moaning at officials, moaning at his team mates and acting very childish (to the delight of the Green Army who had found their target for the game), eventually he got so wound up he ended up getting himself sent off much to all of our delight.

I don't condone bullying on the internet in any form but as Liam says his on pitch antics when we played them last year don't help, he's not from Exeter or an Exeter fan in fact it was probably the first time he played us in an Exeter shirt but there he was celebrating like a mad thing in front of the Green Army despite not even scoring the goal himself.

I've seen him have an unprovoked pop at Argyle fans on Twitter in the past, calling for us to be relegated on the radio does him no favours either, he's the sort of bloke who seems to welcome this sort of confrontation. I haven't seen what Argyle fans say about him but having seen other players abused on Twitter they're rarely blameless in it all (Marvin Morgan a prime example of that), so to go on the radio playing the injured party seems a bit much especially as Kelly mentioned there is always the option to bloke an abusive person.

I don't condone bullying... but... followed by a lengthy explanation of how and why, effectively, he deserves what he gets.

Substitute footballer for classmate/workmate and really, what's the difference? Justifying words or actions by seeking to apportion blame in any part on the victim, is condoning bullying.

The only difference here is the anonymity of t'Internet, which only goes to make it an all the more heroic act of bravery, not. :roll:

Its why f@cetw@tter is such a vipers nest of bile. No matter what the target has done, or not done, brave little keyboard warriors have a platform to demonstrate why they need inflatable armbands in the shallow end of the gene pool.

If only they would grow the f*ck up.