Plymouth Argyle Gambia Supporter | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Plymouth Argyle Gambia Supporter

Jun 8, 2014
For those of you who have Facebook, here is the link to the post: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 3034416678.

Here is the link to his Facebook page, worth a like for sure! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Plymouth ... 3034416678

Here is what is said for those of you not on Facebook:

It is of great joy to write to this football club informing you of the fromation of a supporters club in the name of Plymouth Argyle in the Gambia.I am from a remote village of Madiana where there is know electricity i created an academy in the spirit of developing the young ones in becoming future stars.I knew about Plymouth Argyle football club through friends and BBC commentaries and fell in love with the name and the setting as a community tea.I talked to my friends in the village and the neighbouring villages especially in the academy to have a supporters club base in the Gambia.The name of the supporters club is Plymouth Argyle Gambia Madiana supporters club.I created a page to invite a lage following in the Gambia.The spirit of the game makes me walk or ride my bicycle for two kilo meters to watch European games.I prayed for contnios success in this football club of ours in the good spirit of football.I remain your in sport.KARAMO CAMARA TECHNICAL DIRECTOR K F A.

What a wonderful story. As a thought, is it possible to group together and send him something from the club.. Even something as simple as a signed shirt if it's possible to get an address for him? No idea how it all works with the postal system in Gambia but there surely has to be something we can do?

C

chronicgreen

A dozen lilac shirts and a box of pasties and they'll be lifelong janners. Nice story.

Jan 3, 2013
Paven":azy0rrp5 said:
For those of you who have Facebook, here is the link to the post: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 3034416678.

Here is the link to his Facebook page, worth a like for sure! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Plymouth ... 3034416678

It is of great joy to write to this football club informing you of the fromation of a supporters club in the name of Plymouth Argyle in the Gambia.I am from a remote village of Madiana where there is know electricity i created an academy in the spirit of developing the young ones in becoming future stars.I knew about Plymouth Argyle football club through friends and BBC commentaries and fell in love with the name and the setting as a community tea.I talked to my friends in the village and the neighbouring villages especially in the academy to have a supporters club base in the Gambia.The name of the supporters club is Plymouth Argyle Gambia Madiana supporters club.I created a page to invite a lage following in the Gambia.The spirit of the game makes me walk or ride my bicycle for two kilo meters to watch European games.I prayed for contnios success in this football club of ours in the good spirit of football.I remain your in sport.KARAMO CAMARA TECHNICAL DIRECTOR K F A.

What a wonderful story. As a thought, is it possible to group together and send him something from the club.. Even something as simple as a signed shirt if it's possible to get an address for him? No idea how it all works with the postal system in Gambia but there surely has to be something we can do?
Call me an old cynic but I reckon it is a scam.......

P

Positively Green

It would certainly be worth checking with friends who support other Clubs if they have had similar postings from the Gambia. Would love to believe this is a legitimate fan - but it would be be best to do a little bit of research.

Aug 10, 2006
Knarf Reprah":1w09rik5 said:
Paven":1w09rik5 said:

Call me an old cynic but I reckon it is a scam.......
was thinking the same it sound's like one of those dodgy phone call's you get.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
I'd be interested to know why you think it's a scam and what they're scamming for?

Jimmyd

✅ Evergreen
♣️ SWAG Member
Jan 3, 2009
I don't believe this is a scam. My Auntie used to live over there and I believe Argyle went over in 96 or 97 ish. When I went to visit the locals were telling me about how friendly the argyle players were, and one chap had a particular fondness for Mick Heathcote. It doesn't surprise me that there is an affection for Argyle.

Apr 15, 2008
London
If you do a Google search for the first line, it doesn't come up anywhere else. Add to the the fact that Argyle did tour there in 97 and the guy is holding an Argyle programme, I think it's genuine.

I remember my Dad visited there on an RFA about 15 years ago and donated a load of Argyle shirts to a football club in the Gambia.

It looks like one of its members Thomas Llewelyn may have a part to play In this, grew up with the lad, Argyle nut ( once got kicked out of the Devonport for throwing a Pastie at kevin Pressman I think)

He is a regular in The Gambia now, may have seen him recently in the newspaper for being kidnapped by Mali rebels!? Crazy lad but true

bodspafc

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Aug 8, 2005
Bristol
Knarf Reprah":2f0a8710 said:
Ottawa Green":2f0a8710 said:
it certainly is........I'm an old cynic, but I smell a rat.

I'm not proud of it, but I feel the same. what does he mean by this?...

"The day Plymouth Argyle is to play a match, I walk or cycle two kilometres to the next village to watch the particular match. But sometimes, the owner of the video club doesn't show the games so I feel bad.

"There is no electricity here in Madiana, so in the spirit of developing young ones, I created this supporters club.

How does he get to watch us?! Maybe he thinks we're Portsmouth? :lol: