Newport predictions | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Newport predictions

C

Cobi Budge.

Plymouth Argyle 3 Newport County 1 (Jervis, Carey, Hartley)

Nov 4, 2012
This is the kind of game Argyle typically lose. We are in great form, we're at home, there should be a reasonably sizable crowd and we're against a team that has struggled so far.

Everything suggests a home win which is why I predict a deflating 2-1 defeat. Ansah with a brace for Newport with Carey getting a late consolation. Att: 7,719 (589 Away)

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Knarf Reprah":aidfki9k said:
No idea, because I'm not a clairvoyant, but I have a feeling that we will be too good for them

I'm not a clairvoyant but I see nets, bulging nets ... hang on a mo, I'll close the window to keep the breeze off my lace curtains ...

4-1 to Argo: Reid 2, Carey, Brunt. ;)

Jun 11, 2012
2-0 win (Jervis & Tanner).

--------- McCormick ----------
Mellor - Nelson - Hartley - Sawyer
----------- McHugh -----------
Tanner - Simpson - Boateng - Carey
------------ Jervis ------------

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
McCormick

Mellor
Nelson
Hartley
Sawyer

Simpson
McHugh
Boateng

Wylde
Jervis
Carey

Subs: Bittner, Purrington, Cox, Hall, Tanner, Harvey, Brunt.

(If Reuben isn't fit).

And as others have said, so many times in the past we've had a good couple of wins, then a very easy-looking home game which everyone is predicting we'll win. Hartlepool in 2010 and Wycombe in 2013 really spring to mind. I really hope we can avoid yet another one of those.

Mar 21, 2008
I can see teams start to become very cautious and cagey when they visit us, I wouldn't be surprised to see Newport get a lot of people behind the ball and play on the counter with pace with players like Ansah hoping to nick some points, I'm not sure we've seen how we'll cope in that kind of situation as a team this season yet, could end up being a frustrating afternoon

Jul 3, 2013
Seeing as nobody else has mentioned it then I will go for 17-3. This after the game gets turned into 8 a side due to an early 6 man brawl by the dugouts. During the brawl Adams sucker punches Butcher to the head resulting in the latter being knocked out, he returns second half with a bandage around his head whilst Adams can only watch Tyler Harvey knock in his 11th goal watching from the stands.