Team for Wimbledon/predictions | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Team for Wimbledon/predictions

Nov 13, 2010
Wiltshire
Just interested, does anybody else see Tuesdays JP Trophy game as a distraction? In my opinion DA should send the reserve team and focus 100% on Stevenage next Saturday.

Oct 18, 2006
No, not the polar opposite of what you are saying but its a place we have already been and won so why should we not play a team that can win the game? I understand what you are saying, it would be great to concentrate on the league but if we could have a good run in this cup wouldn't that be good as well and give us much some much needed `unbudgeted` income.

May 22, 2006
God I wish this thing didn't exist. Damned nuisance. It's almost like a punishment.

We'd all be kicking ourselves if Carey or Boateng picked up a nasty injury in such a pointless endeavour. I hope Adams keeps our key players out of it. Sod the money - stay at the top of the league and the finances will sort themselves.

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
It's one of those; if we win great because it's a competition clubs at our level actually have a good chance of winning but if we lose so what, hopefully we've got bigger fish to fry this season anyway.

Is it a distraction? I wouldn't say so, for me it's a good chance to try out some of our fringe players really. Youngsters like Harvey and Purrington have got to prove themselves somewhere, why not a cup game where a defeat wouldn't be the end of the world.

pilgrimmike1

R.I.P
Oct 5, 2010
oggieland
The Coc comp was a prime example of the pitfalls with Jervis getting crocked and out for the all important Pompey match. Fringe players please because I doubt we will get enough extra income out of it to by some discounted paint to cover the bogs let alone enough to make any significant difference to clubs coffers.

J

Jimmy75

Play the youth team, our squad is small and we need to concentrate on promotion!

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Opportunity for fringe players to stake a claim and provide competition, that's all this nonsense competition is good for.
Game time for Threlkeld, Cox, Harvey, Rooney and anyone else who Adams hasn't really seen in competitive action yet

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
My choice would be

McCormick

Threlkeld
Nelson
Bentley
Purrington

McHugh
Cox

Tanner
T Harvey
Rooney

Brunt

Bittner, Simpson and Reid unavailable for this game.

That said, I am not sure Adams will be as radical and may make no more than two or three changes.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
No I think you have to respect the cup games I would play the strongest side whatever that is. I think it would be awesome if we could get to the final and a good day out.
Reserve games are for playing fringe players, not cup games. :scarf: :scarf:

Apr 20, 2008
Plymouth
I'm sure Sheridan mentioned a rule last season where you can't make more than 5 changes from your previous league game for this competition - something like that. Guessing that's still in place, therefore:

McCormick

Mellor
Bentley
Hartley
Purrington

Tanner
Cox
Boateng
Wylde

Brunt
Harvey

Nov 4, 2012
Not bothered about this competition, the League is priority this year and with are small squad we should be resting our important players. It's not even like we have a chance of a money spinning tie if we get through.

Bittner

Threlkeld
Bentley
Hartley
Purrington

Tanner
Cox
Lane
Wylde

Rooney
Harvey

Monster Green

Cream First
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Jan 12, 2007
Plymouth
We are still gelling as a team, I suspect he'll make a couple changes not wanting upset the development of the first team. Although we have started well, there are still things to work on.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
PAFC94":s32iz6iv said:
Not bothered about this competition, the League is priority this year and with are small squad we should be resting our important players. It's not even like we have a chance of a money spinning tie if we get through.

Bittner

Threlkeld
Bentley
Hartley
Purrington

Tanner
Cox
Lane
Wylde

Rooney
Harvey

Bittner is injured.

May 3, 2007
Liskeard, Cornwall
Taking advantage of being here for a few weeks, I am going to head south (as the Bishop said to the Actress) to see us in action at Wimbledon in the JPT on Tuesday - esp as it is PotD.

I wonder if DA will try and give a few more of the squad a game...? Maybe see how we fare without Graham Carey, perhaps even replacing him with Tyler Harvey? Try Threlkeld at RB? Simpson in MF? Rooney up front?

What would you do...