Deane Smalley | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Deane Smalley

Jun 8, 2014
Back training now but no idea if it's contact or no.

Will have a lot of catching up to do with regards to fitness and may take a while to get going. Imagine the mental impact after an injury like that is pretty severe.

Gloucester Green

Cream First
♣️ Shire Greens
Sep 18, 2010
Gloucester
plymouthboyuk":2ci9wkb3 said:
No rush, we have Brunt whose going to out score Rubén Reid this season apparently

Think you'll find Brunts role is to set up the goals just like he did on Saturday (the only goal of the game so a vital lay off) as he is a Centre Forward and not a goal scoring striker. However he now has more goals and assists than Reid this season

Jun 8, 2014
Gloucester Green":13nx1dcs said:
plymouthboyuk":13nx1dcs said:
No rush, we have Brunt whose going to out score Rubén Reid this season apparently

Think you'll find Brunts role is to set up the goals just like he did on Saturday (the only goal of the game so a vital lay off) as he is a Centre Forward and not a goal scoring striker. However he now has more goals and assists than Reid this season

Aaaaaaand we have our first nibble.

C

Cobi Budge.

I think he'll get onto the bench ahead of Harvey. Smalley is a decent footballer for this level & will be hungry after such a long time out.

Unless he proves himself soon, I don't think Tyler will have a career in professional football, Sheridan said he wasn't working hard enough in training, DA hinted at it during the Q & A, he clearly has potential, but perhaps he just needs to pull his finger out, is it possible the hero status he was given by fans a couple years ago just inflated his ego?

earl grey

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Nov 26, 2011
Cobi Budge.":1q0sxj3k said:
I think he'll get onto the bench ahead of Harvey. Smalley is a decent footballer for this level & will be hungry after such a long time out.

Unless he proves himself soon, I don't think Tyler will have a career in professional football, Sheridan said he wasn't working hard enough in training, DA hinted at it during the Q & A, he clearly has potential, but perhaps he just needs to pull his finger out, is it possible the hero status he was given by fans a couple years ago just inflated his ego?

Just as I did last time I saw that you had posted something like this I'm going to ask you to supply links to these quotes (evidence) you didn't do it last time so maybe you will this time.
Just for the record I am currently in the frame of mind that you are either a) mistaken, b) misinformed of c) talking garbage. I wait to be corrected.
Brett

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Can't see Smalley troubling the current first eleven, even when fit.
It wasn't as if he was earth shatteringly decent before the injury.

C

Cobi Budge.

earl grey":33t1hu9q said:
Cobi Budge.":33t1hu9q said:

Just as I did last time I saw that you had posted something like this I'm going to ask you to supply links to these quotes (evidence) you didn't do it last time so maybe you will this time.
Just for the record I am currently in the frame of mind that you are either a) mistaken, b) misinformed of c) talking garbage. I wait to be corrected.
Brett

On my phone at the moment so I'll try to find the link later. It was on the official site or the herald site roughly halfway through the season. If somebody else finds the article or indeed remembers it, then that would be great.

As for the Q & A it wasn't recorded, so I can't supply evidence, but when questioned about whether Harvey would be getting much football, he said when & if players work hard enough they'll find themselves starting, it's hard to determine whether it was a general comment or about TH in particular.

It would make sense if Harvey isn't working hard enough, he has potential & ability, yet hasn't got a look in under 2 managers. Some will agree, some won't, but during a few of his appearances at the start of last season, he looked, at times, disinterested, the energy wasn't there (although I concede he doesn't suit playing CAM).

So either there's an off field problem or he's not good enough, I feel like it's the former.

C

Cobi Budge.

Emu":2c8d7zm8 said:
Can't see Smalley troubling the current first eleven, even when fit.
It wasn't as if he was earth shatteringly decent before the injury.

It's hard to judge a player properly when he never really got a run of games. Coming on for a few minutes a game doesn't give a player much of a chance to impose themselves. I thought when he started games (Cambridge, Wycombe & especially Swindon) he did very well, also changed the way we attacked away at Burton.

I admit he's no world beater but people are too harsh IMO.

Quinny

Cream First
Jul 15, 2006
Kenton, Devon
earl grey":1wqv2pxi said:
Cobi Budge.":1wqv2pxi said:

Brett

JS says Harvey talented but that's not enough

Took me all of, ooh, 5 seconds to Google that, earl grey. By adding that "300 players with talent will be released this season" I think that more than substantiates Cobi's comment regarding JS's opinion of Tyler. As for DA - Cobi said it was hinted at in the Q&A session which I'm sure wasn't minuted or recorded, so you'll have to take his word on that - unless you were at the session and have a different interpretation on what was said.