this is it...... (the phoenix is rising) | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

this is it...... (the phoenix is rising)

Aug 10, 2006
I know we have only played a few game's but I will say it now this is it we are on our way back, after 6 year's of poo this will be our season at last the phoenix is rising.

O

ogwellmike

I agree! Haven't dared feel this optimistic for years. This is the RESURGAM season IMO. Let's hope we're both right!

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Steady on, don't get too excited too quickly, that usually ends up in disappointment and frustration.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
demportdave":1gfw4yie said:
Steady on, don't get too excited too quickly, that usually ends up in disappointment and frustration.

Nah, I think he's spot on! :scarf:

O

ogwellmike

In recent years, it seems, I have watched so many Argyle games where one team (our opponents) passed the ball around quickly and accurately, each of their players seemed to know where the others were going to be - and passed accordingly. They were a team and they had a plan.

Our players, on the other hand, would receive the ball and then, it seemed, stand around and wonder what to do next. You could almost hear their brain cells ticking away at times. They didn't seem to have a plan and often they didn't seem to have a clue.

Now we are the side playing as a team, we are the ones doing the quick, intelligent passing and it's the opposition who look second rate at best. What a transformation! What a difference Derek Adams has made. What a pleasure it is to watch Argyle now.

All my opinion, of course and it is very early days, I know. Nonetheless, I'm allowing myself to be optimistic about the season and I'm quite enjoying the novelty of it!

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
The frustrating thing about history is that you never know you are witnessing an historic passage of time until it is over. But this current regime certainly looks capable of producing one of the better chapters in our club's rich and varied story.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
If you value the relief of an interruptible end's personal recollection to the journey, over the excitement of all god's beings' interaction with the enjoyment of a path which's a height unknown and perhaps unexpected, I get that, sir mm.

Jan 27, 2012
Lets assess the table after 10 league games at least.

Finances at the club remain a concern. I don't think Brent is willing to invest, and he won't allow other investors into the boardroom. We seem to be operating on a very low budget compared to other clubs with similar home gates.

As much as I like Adam's signings, the squad remains paper thin. A few injuries to key players and we may really struggle. So don't get carried away just yet.

I don't know what's happening with the grandstand, but we need to be looking at something that brings the Home Park capacity to 20K. For the "Phoenix" to truly rise the infrastructure needs to be in place so that Argyle can become a force in the Championship at least. No point building something that's only good for the lower leagues. At least give the club an outside crack at reaching the Premier League one day (even if that is a generation away). The city has the potential.

With regards to the grandstand, I still think Brent wants what is best for his own pocket rather than what is best for the club- but I get crucified every time I express that opinion on this forum.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
gaspargomez":18dsql76 said:

Finances at the club remain a concern. I don't think Brent is willing to invest, and he won't allow other investors into the boardroom. We seem to be operating on a very low budget compared to other clubs with similar home gates.

As much as I like Adam's signings, the squad remains paper thin. A few injuries to key players and we may really struggle. So don't get carried away just yet.

I don't know what's happening with the grandstand, but we need to be looking at something that brings the Home Park capacity to 20K. For the "Phoenix" to truly rise the infrastructure needs to be in place so that Argyle can become a force in the Championship at least. No point building something that's only good for the lower leagues. At least give the club an outside crack at reaching the Premier League one day (even if that is a generation away). The city has the potential.

With regards to the grandstand, I still think Brent wants what is best for his own pocket rather than what is best for the club- but I get crucified every time I express that opinion on this forum.
What a coincidence. Just an hour ago I was sat thinking about the way current results had taken James Brent out of the firing line. This is not another nail towards your crucifixion, just a comment on the fact that the anti-James posts both here and elsewhere had been notable by their absence. That said, in the interest of fairness to JB I would be interested to know the names of these "other investors" he is shutting out of the boardroom and the sums they have available.

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
ch00se":3s8v6juu said:
memory man":3s8v6juu said:
gaspargomez":3s8v6juu said:

What a coincidence. Just an hour ago I was sat thinking about the way current results had taken James Brent out of the firing line. This is not another nail towards your crucifixion, just a comment on the fact that the anti-James posts both here and elsewhere had been notable by their absence. That said, in the interest of fairness to JB I would be interested to know the names of these "other investors" he is shutting out of the boardroom and the sums they have available.

i agree with most of his post though, i cant speak in regards to the "other investors" but to me it is pretty clear JB's purchase of the club was more a commercial acquisition than him wanting to save the club. i think theres a chance he will get swept up in argyle mania the way things are going, i dont believe this was his original intention though

i'm not having a pop at him, this is just how i see it

My understanding of the underlying meaning of 'commercial' is that it is meant to generate profit. From what I see from the foothills of Cornwall JB's involvement is more philanthropic than commercial!

Sep 3, 2009
Quintrell_Green":34nnu8h3 said:
ch00se":34nnu8h3 said:
memory man":34nnu8h3 said:
gaspargomez":34nnu8h3 said:

i agree with most of his post though, i cant speak in regards to the "other investors" but to me it is pretty clear JB's purchase of the club was more a commercial acquisition than him wanting to save the club. i think theres a chance he will get swept up in argyle mania the way things are going, i dont believe this was his original intention though

i'm not having a pop at him, this is just how i see it

My understanding of the underlying meaning of 'commercial' is that it is meant to generate profit. From what I see from the foothills of Cornwall JB's involvement is more philanthropic than commercial!

Definition of philanthropy: 'altruistic concern for human welfare and advancement, usually manifested by donations of money, property, or work to needy persons, by endowment of institutions of learning and hospitals, and by generosity to other socially useful purposes'.

Let's not go over the top, eh? I don't see much that is philanthropic in Brent lending money to PAFC.

I also agree with 'gaspargomez'. Great that we've had a brilliant start to the season but concerns remain firmly in place for the longer term. Seems Brent does not have the financial clout to put the infrastructure in place, yet is unlikely to walk away unless he is fully paid out....but why would anyone buy Argyle for £Xm - even as champions - if all they are getting is a bunch of players and the kit?

If there are interested investors and he isn't talking with them, that would be a worry