Lifted from afc Wimbledon forum | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Lifted from afc Wimbledon forum

Mar 17, 2013
.............Compare that to the fast, pacey, pinging one touch passes, moving into space, picking the ball up at the back and running really fast at opposition players thing that Plymouth were doing. There are improvements on our side, but there is a fundamental issue at the core of NA's tactics/man-management. I am supremely f***** off about last night - not because the better team won, but because Plymouth were by far the better team. F*** this s***

That makes very pleasant reading.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Knarf Reprah":1opfq4bw said:
Well done JB for finding our manager....the problem is going to be retaining him

No point worrying about stuff out of our control.

I'm just enjoying the recent revelation and can honestly say I've got been this excited since the Holloway era.

Jun 4, 2015
Ford
Knarf Reprah":2j0zt9ai said:
Well done JB for finding our manager....the problem is going to be retaining him
Thats exactly how I see it too - if we're still flying come the New Year you can bet your bottom dollar some struggling Championship or L1 club will be sniffing around. Hopefully, however, JB will fend approcahes off the same way as he apparently did regarding Reuben.

Stevie Wotsa

✅ Evergreen
Nov 4, 2012
Devonport
I think the next 2 away games will be a good test Stevenage will be biting at the bit to get 3 points and next saturday will be a big one when we play wycombe.

If we were to get maximum points from these two then by god i will be very very excited on our chances this year,

Even if we dont and were still in the top 6 that's dam good going.

Ive never seen argyle play as good as this in along time.

With

Pride Passion and belief.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Emeraldinho":3dggfq75 said:
Knarf Reprah":3dggfq75 said:
Thats exactly how I see it too - if we're still flying come the New Year you can bet your bottom dollar some struggling Championship or L1 club will be sniffing around. Hopefully, however, JB will fend approcahes off the same way as he apparently did regarding Reuben.

Don't underestimate JB's commitment to this club.

I firmly believe that he is someone who rewards success. I also don't think that he will stop at the Championship either. He will have tasted glory, the like of which he will never have tasted before and he WILL want more.

Aug 22, 2006
My cousin who works for Wimbledon was again very impressed with our club in general on and off the pitch. In fact when we equalised he text to say Argyle would win this. He was chatting to some of our directors who came across very well apparently. Little did he know at the time he was actually chatting to James Brent. I think he asked if they could have Wylde, who funnily enough has so far arguably had his best two games against Wimbledon.

I remember for my birthday many years ago I got my first Argyle shirt (the Rotolok one) from this same cousin of mine... I returned the favour by going to see Wimbledon games up to their initial demise. I'm a bit of a jinx for them really.

Oct 24, 2010
I think if Adams achieves success here and in the process shows the football world at large that he has mastered his "dark side" it will be very difficult for us to keep him for any length of time. He is obviously capable of managing at a far higher level and it is inevitable that bigger clubs will come after him if all goes well here.

Jan 6, 2004
"He is obviously capable of managing at a far higher level and it is inevitable that bigger clubs will come after him if all goes well here."

Leaving for a bigger club is not always the right move - as Holloway will tell you.

Oct 3, 2003
Dundee
Obvious, oh no.

The only time he's been at a 'big' club, as assistant at Hibs, there was all sorts of bother, no?

Being at a club again with little media intrusion, with a completely hands-off ownership this time, an emotionally crippled club punching increasingly under its weight as the financial cloud burns off, that's a good opportunity, for sure.

But until bad form or luck hits there are few hurdles to cross which'll be the evidence of newfound all round-ability to manage under a 'serious' size of spotlight.

(Dead excited for Saturday, btw, FACT).

Dec 4, 2012
From what I have seen, Mr Adams seems intent on making Argyle a "big" club.

Good to see the Wimbledon forum comments, it seems soooooo long ago since we have been seen by others in this sort of light.

bodspafc

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Aug 8, 2005
Bristol
Green_Flash":2tojnmpv said:
"He is obviously capable of managing at a far higher level and it is inevitable that bigger clubs will come after him if all goes well here."

Leaving for a bigger club is not always the right move - as Holloway will tell you.

And indeed Paul Sturrock the first time he left