The missing fans! | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

The missing fans!

Mork

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Oct 18, 2013
Forster NSW
Absolutely gutted for our club that we could only muster 6000, it must be a real kick in the teeth for the board.
We've had a great start to the season, played well, in entertaining games, the weather was great, perfect for a very healthy gate. Really surprised and disappointed at the low turnout.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
3 home games on the trot might have something to do with that.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Leaving out the midweek league game against Exeter and the two midweek league games v Bristol Rovers played over the last five years the game against Barnet was actually our third highest attendance Tuesday game since we dropped into League Two.

That's not bad considering it was the first of three home games in succession.

I would guess 8,100 v Crawley and 9,300 v Exeter coming up.

Feb 23, 2008
Or the fact it was champions league night.

Or because it was Barnet.

Or because alot of those 'missing fans' were probably school age kids in which case a 10pm bed time is a no-no.

Or because it's a Tuesday night and some people do shift work/retail/whatever?

Why does it always have to be about low turnouts, people not bothering etc?

I'd say 6k for an evening game in league 2 against lower table opposition isn't a bad showing?

Jun 23, 2011
Plymouth
chunkymonkey78":ipl4dem1 said:

Or because alot of those 'missing fans' were probably school age kids in which case a 10pm bed time is a no-no.

I'd say 6k for an evening game in league 2 against lower table opposition isn't a bad showing?

I think some people just like having a pop at the fanbase. I agree that 6k for Tuesday night against Barnet is actually very good. Im not sure what people expect in this dogpoo league.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Womble":3rf5lz01 said:
chunkymonkey78":3rf5lz01 said:

I think some people just like having a pop at the fanbase. I agree that 6k for Tuesday night against Barnet is actually very good. Im not sure what people expect in this dogpoo league.

3rd highest attendance in league's 1 & 2 on Tuesday night.

Sep 13, 2003
6K is a fantastic turnout considering all the factors listed by other people. Think the OP needs a dose of prozac :)

Apr 6, 2009
I think its a great turnout. There are a load of fans who aren't local so an evening game isn't feasible like a saturday (me for one who uses argyle player for midweek games).
And kids who have school....

A

AR09YLE

Or have you considered that not all fans live in Plymouth and work away from home :whistle:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Agree with others, I thought it was a good league.

The one thing I would pick up on though is Womble's comment regarding this league.

I'm not sure it is anymore!

Good honest teams giving it their all is all I see these days. Can's say I've seen a dog awful team yet, home are away.

We're all into giving clubs respect these days, perhaps we should try given some to league we all play in.

Don't get me wrong, can't wait to get promoted, but this division is getting better and better.

Oct 5, 2013
Finances come into it I think, lots of people will be coming both to Saturday's and next Tuesday's games.
Also social life, three trips to Argyle over the course of 8 days is difficult for some families to tolerate.
Am sure Saturday and Tuesday will both be over 8,000.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
I'm hoping to get down on Tuesday but can't finish work in Abergavenny until 5pm it's tough to get to games atm but doesn't make me any less of a supporter.
Always support the Club in other ways when I can.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I'm not so sure about that JPT game you know.

We've talked it up but it is only a tin pot trophy, I know it's against the six toes but will we really get anywhere near 8000?

As people have already said on here, the games coming thick and fast and it does cost money to attend.

We'll have to wait and see, but I'd never miss a league game, and probably attend this one, but if work called, I wouldn't break my heart over it.

I'm not sure the Greeks are that fussed either.

C

CornerBoy

The outland road problems would have knocked a few hundred off the gate. I know it was open come kick off time but many would have already made up there minds not to go.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
IJN":1uctnveq said:
I'm not so sure about that JPT game you know.

We've talked it up but it is only a tin pot trophy, I know it's against the six toes but will we really get anywhere near 8000?

As people have already said on here, the games coming thick and fast and it does cost money to attend.

We'll have to wait and see, but I'd never miss a league game, and probably attend this one, but if work called, I wouldn't break my heart over it.

I'm not sure the Greeks are that fussed either.

Ian, we had 9,400 at HP when we played Exeter in the JPT in 2010. We could even top that on Tuesday.