Goals needed | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Goals needed

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
IMHO Ruben is pretty average at best, and without his penalties his return is pretty poor. Jervis looks far more the part but how long do we have him?

I think we need another goalscorer if we really are going to push for automatic promotion, If not we will probably need the play-off's.

Still much better worrying about the best way to go up, than the previous hoping not to go down.

:scarf:

Nov 4, 2012
Are you a troll?

6th highest scorers in League two, Reuben Reid who has notched 40+ goals in his last two seasons, Jervis who is banging them in left, right and centre with Carey contributing with a healthy total thus far. I'm sorry this is league 2 and we aren't going to attract a 30 goal a season striker. I am more than happy with our current attacking options.

C

Cobi Budge.

Jervis.
Reid.
Brunt.
Smalley.
Tanner.
Harvey.
Rooney.

Carey contributing as well.

Most league two clubs would love to have that selection of forward options. I don't think we need another striker.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Cobi Budge.":29g4ch9d said:
Jervis.
Reid.
Brunt.
Smalley.
Tanner.
Harvey.
Rooney.

Carey contributing as well.

Most league two clubs would love to have that selection of forward options. I don't think we need another striker.

Sorry Cobi but how can you say Carey contributing as well as if he's an afterthought. Currently our second highest scorer and contributes far more to the scoring of others than any other player. You do him an injustice.

C

Cobi Budge.

You are reading far too much into the way I set out that post.

I listed our strikers (No particular order) then added Carey because he's scoring goals as well.

Jun 8, 2014
No point in getting another striker now, there likely wont be anyone available better than what we have so we would be paying them to warm the bench at the current time.

Should the need arise from an injury or two, then we can look at bringing someone in. Until then it's just not worth it.

Jul 29, 2010
Paven":bwz6375u said:
No point in getting another striker now, there likely wont be anyone available better than what we have so we would be paying them to warm the bench at the current time.

Should the need arise from an injury or two, then we can look at bringing someone in. Until then it's just not worth it.

Spot on. We can't afford luxuries without eating into what's left of the season's budget. There will inevitably be an injury or suspension 'crisis' at some point so save it for then.

We'd be pretty peed off if the cupboard was bare for replacements/cover for a final promotion push in April because we blew it on bench warmers in October.

As for the OP re-opening the eternal (infernal) RR debate, surely we've had enough thread inches on that old chestnut. Opinion is divided, can we not just take it as read that some 'get' his contribution and some don't. By all means weigh up the merits of giving him a proper strike partner, but surely there isn't anyone who is still undecided what they think of his worth.

J

Jimmy75

Goalscorer needed....really..!?!?! Jervis has 7, Carey 5....odd post!!

Aug 2, 2011
So there we have it a 40 goal striker over 2 seasons who still gets rubbished by certain people. I suspect if he were to score 30 goals they would still moan. He created Carey's goal on Tuesday and worked b hard. May come as a bit of a shock to some to realise that teams with a striker who scores 20 goals last season and the season before tends to get a bit of attention from defences.

For G sake lets stop knocking our players and get behind the whole team.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Maybe a bit of stirring for stirring's sake!

After 10 games, we have 16 goals scored (=3rd) and a +8 GD (2nd).

Where is the problem?

:wtf:

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
PAFC94":3ra7vwt8 said:
Are you a troll?

6th highest scorers in League two, Reuben Reid who has notched 40+ goals in his last two seasons, Jervis who is banging them in left, right and centre with Carey contributing with a healthy total thus far. I'm sorry this is league 2 and we aren't going to attract a 30 goal a season striker. I am more than happy with our current attacking options.

Feel free to admit I was right.

Nov 28, 2005
PLYMOUTH
My original post clearly pointed out my belief that without another goalscorer we would struggle for an automatic promotion spot. I still believe that and our last two performances don't begin to change my view.

If we stay with the current attacking options I believe we might hold onto the play-off's, if we can get another forward who delivers consistently we should be automatic.

I know we are still top, but 4 home points dropped with only 2 on target attempts last night shows a worrying trend beginning.

Oct 28, 2011
Norwich
argobenz":2fmtgjin said:
IMHO Ruben is pretty average at best, and without his penalties his return is pretty poor. Jervis looks far more the part but how long do we have him?

I think we need another goalscorer if we really are going to push for automatic promotion, If not we will probably need the play-off's.

Still much better worrying about the best way to go up, than the previous hoping not to go down.

:scarf:

IMHO Ruben is pretty average at best, WOW

you clearly have not come down from whatever drugs you took last night
have a word with yourself man :facepalm: