Referee | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Referee

Sep 2, 2008
Thought that was the best display from a ref so far at Home Park. Tried to let the game flow and, imo, was spot on with all the yellow cards. I thought he might have bottled/missed the Jervis penalty appeal but to be fair I couldn't see properly from where I was sitting. As Jake didn't really make a song and dance of it I assume it was the correct call.

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Gulp. He was dismal. The bookings of Mellor and Mchugh were ludicrous and he bottled it when he should have shown a second yellow to their bearded guy for the fk that led to our winner. Reached for his pocket, realised he'd booked him and changed his mind

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I've noticed in the last two games (it may have been more) that the announcer has said 'And it's a warm welcome back to Home Park to today's referee xxxx xxxx'.

I wonder why he is saying that?

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
davie nine":r1xt77w7 said:
I've noticed in the last two games (it may have been more) that the announcer has said 'And it's a warm welcome back to Home Park to today's referee xxxx xxxx'.

I wonder why he is saying that?

If he is then he'd better be told to pack it in. Any official hearing that might be inclined to be harsher toward us so as not to look like showing us favouritism.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
I can't remember a ref getting in the way of play so much. He had a habit of blocking off a pass or running into a player and nearly claimed an assist for a Crawley goal but thankfully McCormick pulled off an easy save.

I think you can see why this ref has had his past problems.

Altarnun Green

✅ Evergreen
Nov 27, 2005
He was pants in the first half. Sawyer was a yellow but the other two cards against us were so wrong. Fell for the Crawley players collapsing as if the Lyndhurst sniper had shot them! In the second half we conned a few free kicks. Didn't think Jervis fall was a penalty though.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Wagga_Wagga":13uay933 said:
It's hard to believe he's a Premier League referee. I've seen better refs down here this season.

He isn't a Premier League referee. Didn't look like a Division Two ref either today.

Jervis brought down was a penalty 101 out of a hundred!!

His response to any challenge which ended up with someone on the floor was a yellow card. Not every 'clash' in a game should be a booking, shirley! :facepalm:

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
We saw today why Atwell's career has bombed from the guy who was going to be the next big thing as a Referee.

Typical of a youngster who was Refereeing when he should have been playing to get experience from the other side.

Knows the Laws of the game to a tee no doubt but has absolutely no idea how to apply the spirit of the game or how to interpret the actions of the players.

There were a few mistimed tackles but there was nothing malicious from either team and to see him hand out 6 yellow cards was extremely poor.

Dishing out card after card is not the way to control games.

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
Not impressed with him tbh. In the way of the ball, loved his cards and unsure why we didn't get a penalty with Jervis. That said I am willing to admit so may have missed something.

May 26, 2006
South Devon
Pogleswoody":3j598uwm said:
Wagga_Wagga":3j598uwm said:
It's hard to believe he's a Premier League referee. I've seen better refs down here this season.

He isn't a Premier League referee. Didn't look like a Division Two ref either today.

Jervis brought down was a penalty 101 out of a hundred!!

His response to any challenge which ended up with someone on the floor was a yellow card. Not every 'clash' in a game should be a booking, shirley! :facepalm:

??

He refereed in the premier league last month.

http://m.premierleague.com/content/prem ... atchWeek=6

Green as Grass

♣️ North Devon Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jan 5, 2012
Barnstaple
We should have had a nailed on penalty when Jervis was brought down after 10 mins both the ref and the Lyndhurst Linesman bottled it.