Graham Carey - PFA Player of the Month | PASOTI
  • Welcome to PASOTI. Sponsored by Lang & Potter

Graham Carey - PFA Player of the Month

Graham Carey has been named the PFA Fans’ Player of the Month for August/September in Sky Bet League Two.

The 26-year-old Irish attacking midfielder has hit five goals for the Devon side in Sky Bet League Two this season, leaving them in top spot and flying with seven wins out of 11.

Carey was chosen from a three-man final shortlist alongside Oxford's Kemar Roofe and Carlisle striker Jabo Ibehre.

Keep the Faith :scarf:

TCL

Jan 25, 2012
Unfortunately my Reading supporting mates inform me that he is on Steve Clarkes radar

Feb 23, 2008
Would make sense if they're keeping tabs on Tanner and Clarke watched the u21 friendly against us?

I hope this one year contract and they have to earn the rest thing doesnt backfire on DA.

Jul 29, 2006
Bridgend
chunkymonkey78":12q0bguk said:
Would make sense if they're keeping tabs on Tanner and Clarke watched the u21 friendly against us?

I hope this one year contract and they have to earn the rest thing doesnt backfire on DA.

Might be wrong but I thought it was a 1 year contract and we had an option on the 2nd year?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
The-Pilgrim":o8tvqhpb said:
chunkymonkey78":o8tvqhpb said:

Might be wrong but I thought it was a 1 year contract and we had an option on the 2nd year?

We might do, but he doesn't have to take it up, presumably. Otherwise it would be a 2 year deal with an option for us to terminate after one year.

In summary: I don't know

Apr 4, 2010
Cornwall
Carey came here for Derek Adams like a few of our summer signings who have been impressed by his work in Scotland. The step up in standard and money may be hard to compete with but we're no mugs anymore, this club is going places under DA and that is something I imagine a lot of players would want to be involved with. Steve Clark and Reading are in decline, Clark unable to find work in the Premier League settling for Championship football and Reading targetting top half finishes at best these days.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
TCL":12nbic6k said:
Unfortunately my Reading supporting mates inform me that he is on Steve Clarkes radar
In their current position. Reading will be looking to sign potential Premiership players, not a 26 year old League 2 guy who might be able to step up one more Division at best.

Argyle signed journeyman midfield players from Scotland to play in the Championship such as Lasley, Clarke and Patterson and they were just not good enough. Based on his career to date, I would put him in that category.

Carey is a good player at this level but I doubt he could go much higher. Don't get carried away by a few decent performances in the bottom Division against pretty average opposition.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Ollieargyle9":1q76sz6r said:
Steve Clark and Reading are in decline, Clark unable to find work in the Premier League settling for Championship football and Reading targetting top half finishes at best these days.

I'm no fan of Reading (most boring club in the country) but they're 3rd in the table, flying and looked brilliant against Middlesbrough at the weekend.

Nov 4, 2012
Reading demolished Ipswich as well. One of the best performances I've ever seen from a second tier side.